• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Third (Ep. 13).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joshuafer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:53 am Reply with quote
Was it just me, or did the characters faces look a lot different ( puffier ?? ) then they had in the previous episodes, and as far as I can tell, the following ones, also. Anyone know why they look so different in this one episode ?
Veoryn87

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Yeah. I noticed this too way back when I watched it. I don't have any explanation for it, maybe a different director or artist? The faces go back to normal in the next episode so it's no big deal.
Porcupine

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:24 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen this particular episode of The Third (I stopped buying after DVD 1, I did not think the series was worth the money, I would buy it for cheaper though such as in a boxset). But what you describe is commonplace and happens to almost all animes out there. Various episodes degenerate or look different. Some animes have this problem worse than others.

Usually the degeneration is obvious for a particular episode and just looks bad and unskilled in general. Other times the episode is still drawn well just in an obviously different style.

Chances are if you finish watching all of The Third those puffy faces will return for another one or two future episodes. Smile
joshuafer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:26 am Reply with quote
Well it did go back to its normal look. Will have to see if it happens again. I am enjoying the series, it has enough action and seems well enough writen. I am all about the post-apocalyptic adventures.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1