• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
3 person anime groups

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aizen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread, so I apologize if it isn't but I was wondering if people could come up with three person groups for anime. My friends, 2 girls, and me, a guy, wanted to group cosplay for the next con that we go to and can't really find more people who want to do it with us, so I wanted to know if people could help.

There's no real criteria, they can be from any anime, or even a video game. Ideally it would be a guy and two girls, but if it's not that's ok too. I mean, I can't pull off a Sailor Moon, and they can't pull off a Fist of the North Star (not that I can either), but we're flexible.

Just wanted to know if people had any ideas. Sorry again if this is in the wrong place.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Rock, Revy and Shenhua from Black Lagoon.

Re-L, Vincent Law, and Pino(in animal costume, and obviously a big version) from Ergo Proxy.

Dr. Atsuko Chiba, Paprika, Dr. Kōsaku Tokita from Paprika.

Mai Tokiha, Natsuki Kuga, Yuuichi Tate from Mai-HiME.

Or a little older anime.
Oonishi, Eriko Kaneda(Doc), and Ran from Texhnolyze.

D, Charlotte Elbourne, Leila, from Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust.

Some of those costumes may be pretty difficult, but not impossible. You didn't say how much skill you or your friends have as far as costume building. Also there are a lot of different choices as far as body types and amount of cover(clothing) to choose from.

Just some ideas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aizen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the ideas. We're not incredibly skilled at making costumes but we have friends to help us sew and we have access to plenty of fabrics/craft supplies. The only thing we'd lack is any kind of weapon design that requires wood, cardboard would be the best thing we could make I think. As for body types, we're all pretty slim, nothing too extreme in either direction, average weight I guess. Also, while less clothing is ok, Witchblade kind of things are probably not options... Thanks again.
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Depending on how well you can pull off the younger kid look, I'd suggest Haraken, Yasako, and Fumie from Dennou Coil. Fairly easy costumes, and you could even make some replica metatags or screens to carry around too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
riccardo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:18 pm Reply with quote
You could try Negi and any two of his students from Negima. Or Kazuki and two of Rin/Kuriko/Yuna from Maburaho.

If you are confident, you could be Excel, Hyatt and Illpollatzo (sp) from Excel Saga! Very Happy
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:17 am Reply with quote
Well, if one of the girls is willing for a bit of a gender swap, you could try Tohru, Yuki and Kyo from Fruits Basket.

Going a bit Sci-Fi - Akito Tenkawa, Ruri Hoshino and Yurika Misumaru of Martain Successor Nadesico

There is also Aoi, Karou and Tina or Miyabi from Ai Yori Aoshi.

From Cardcaptor Sakura - Sakura, Shaoran, Tomoyo or Meilin.

Chobits - Light Chi, Dark Chi and Hideki

Sorry, that's all that I can think of right now. Good Luck and Have Fun!
young98

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:29 am Reply with quote
what about the Neon Genesis Evangelion crew? Asuka, Rei, and Shinji are one of the best trios ever, at least i think so
or take your pick from the SOS brigade, (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya), Haruhi, Mikuru, Yuki, Kyon or Itsuki
sailorspazz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:09 am Reply with quote
I was in a cosplay group with the same gender makeup as yours, and we did Ranma, Akane, and Shampoo at a con.

If the girls want to wear revealing costumes, you could do something like Aya, Maya and Nagi from Tenjou Tenge.
jetz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:12 am Reply with quote
Samurai Champloo would be okay, I guess. One of the girls can just crossdress as Jin, since he does seem a bit feminine. I don't think the costumes would be that hard either.

Maybe Hayate no Gotoku would be okay too. One girl can be Maria (simple maid costume), the other can be Nagi (basically any loli-like outfit) and the guy can be Hayate (suit).
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:27 am Reply with quote
Perhaps the 3 main characters of Rumbling Hearts? Or Shakugan no Shana... you could have a Yuji, a black-hair Shana, and a red-hair Shana.

Aside from that... I'd guess any harem anime out there would give you some fodder- you get to be the main lead, they pick from the cast of girls. Tenchi/Ryoko/Ayeka would probably be most recognizable.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:57 am Reply with quote
You could do Spike, Faye and Ed from Cowboy Bebop. Spike's outfit would be fairly simple just get a blue suit and sleep in it the night before.
The Human Spider

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:09 am Reply with quote
If you guys are fairly young looking you could try from FLCL: Naota, Haruka, and the delinquint girl, or from ABENOBASHI SHOPPING ARCADE: Satoshi, Arumi, and MuneMune; except for Mune Mune and a bass for Haruka, the costumes should be very easy to do. You could also try HELL GIRL: Ai, Hone, and depending on how old you look either Ren or Wanyuudo--the male character you don't dress up as will be the curse doll. Since most of them are dressed in historical/traditional style, costumes will be a bit more difficult.
GregZor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:39 pm Reply with quote
You could go as the 3 main characters in EX-Driver
DonQuigleone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Do the impossible and cosplay as Yoko, Nia and Simon (or some other variations Kittan and two of his sisters, or switch Kamina for Simon)

Alternatively you could go as Matoi, Itoshiki-sensei and one of the other girls from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

Or as dudes from rurouni kenshin (there are two female leads there, can't remember their names though...) who doesn't like kimonos?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1