• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 3 The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Videos Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Already have the LE bundle pre-ordered, and I can't friggin wait! Very Happy
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Still on the fence about this game...it looks really fun, and it looks like what Twilight Princess should have been, combat wise. But....not once did Link ever get hit or get near death. Will it be like Twilight Princess all over again? Where you could LITERALLY drop the controller and go make a sandwich and still be alive during a boss fight? Or where it's impossible for the average player to die even once during a full playthrough unless it's a suicide?

Asides from that, not gonna lie, Not a fan of Link's new look. The old Link...looks like a cute girl. I like that, it let's me see female Link cosplayers. This Link was made more manly, but instead of looking like a man, he looks like a drag queen instead. Razz

I like whatshisname though. Approaching the player early on rather than waiting at the end of the final dungeon. Though from gameplay clips in Youtube, doesn't look like he'll be much of a challenge.
Forte-sama

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword will make use of the Wii MotionPlus controller, and both a standalone and a bundle version of the game containing a golden Wii Remote Plus will be sold. As the 25th anniversary title in The Legend of Zelda game franchise, a CD will orchestral versions of music from the series will also be included with both versions of the game.

A few small things.

First, there actually were four games released for the 25th anniversary title;

-The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX for the Nintendo eShop
-The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time 3D for the Nintendo 3DS
-The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords: Anniversary Edition for the Nintendo DSiWare Service and Nintendo eShop
-The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword: Limited Edition for the Nintendo Wii

Second, a small typo. I believe the line of text should actually read "a CD with orchestral versions", not "a CD will orchestral versions".

Third, the music is actually being recorded from the The Legend of Zelda: 25th Anniversary Concert Tour, so it's not just being recorded for the CD alone, which is how it comes across from this article.

And finally, the CD will actually only be packaged with intial pressings of both The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword: Limited Edition.
ss-hikaru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:40 am Reply with quote
Gingin wrote:
Still on the fence about this game...it looks really fun, and it looks like what Twilight Princess should have been, combat wise. But....not once did Link ever get hit or get near death. Will it be like Twilight Princess all over again? Where you could LITERALLY drop the controller and go make a sandwich and still be alive during a boss fight? Or where it's impossible for the average player to die even once during a full playthrough unless it's a suicide?

Oh? Is that so? I've never played Twilight Princess but while I watched the trailers for Skyward Sword I was thinking how much fun it looked but wondering if my lacklustre gaming skills would even allow me to make any headway.
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Don't worry. Anyone can beat the game. Here's 4 things to know about modern (Ocarina of Time and onwards) Zelda games....

-enemies, including BOSSES, spends 80% of their time circling you and looking menacing.

-when they do attack, it's often simple and easy to avoid.

-if you let them hit you, they'll often do a quarter of a heart of damage...do note that by the end of the game, you'll have almost 11 hearts or more.

-every enemy/boss have an obvious weakspot the game constantly lets you know about. And almost every boss falls in 3 hits.

In other words.......Zelda has become a casual game. Mad

You can see why I'm on the fence now. And why I wanted any of the 3 Operation Rainfall games to come over so I don't have to think about buying this game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1