• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kannagi DVDs still being made?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sorrior

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Okay so I saw on the front page awhile ago that vandal was losing the right to stream Kannagi and so I ordered it off rightstuf soon after to try and avoid OOP worst case(had that happen with Nanoha A's) but it seems like they havn't gotten it in stock again so while I know it's still possible(one order I placed took half a year to be filled) I just wanted to double check.

Oh and sorry if this is the wrong section just worried about it. And actually as a Sid query wth happened to Hayate no Gotoku Vol 13.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:42 pm Reply with quote
I just got my copy of the complete collection from DeepDiscount on Monday so I'm sure it's still available. I don't think the loss of streaming rights has anything to do with Bandai's license. Bandai also can be really slow getting things sent out (once had to wait months for a couple of shows ordered from DeepDiscount).
On the other hand, Bandai has let some shows go OOP (I got RightStuf's last copy of Overman King Gainer before that went OOP) so I can understand your concern. Unlike AnimEigo who announces when licenses are going to expire most R1 companies don't tell consumers anything.
SeigiNoSenshi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure it's still active, but Bandai Ent. fairly often seems to stop the presses or has trouble keeping up with demand. Rightstuf just did a Bandai sale so I'd imagine they're behind (Waiting on K-On BD 2 2nd print run myself), worst case scenario is that, yes, they won't print any more and yet still sit on the license like with Galaxy Angel, but I doubt TRSI would still have it up if they weren't making more. At the very least if you're worried, could always cancel and order off Amazon for around the same (as of writing there was a reputable seller selling New for $28+$3 shipping)
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, it's most likely just Bandai, they take forever to fill orders. I've been waiting at least a month now for the Gundam 00 movie to restock and be sent to me.
jrnemanich

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:01 pm Reply with quote
I know that they still have it in stock at the bandai store.
Sorrior

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Yeah, it's most likely just Bandai, they take forever to fill orders. I've been waiting at least a month now for the Gundam 00 movie to restock and be sent to me.

Damn my condolences i got my before street date. But yeah i thought that might be the case. Truth is it took over half a year for me to get my order of Banner of the Stars from righstuf thanks to them. Oh well thanks for the help just worried.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1