• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
SciFi Channel Anime Identification?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apoc55

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Hi all. I know this is an odd (and definitely vague) question, but I'm gonna ask it anyways. I'm trying to figure out the name and plotline of an anime that I saw many, many years ago, on SciFi Channel no less. Unfortunately, I don't remember much about it. Here's the two things I do remember, though:

* There was an interesting bike, that was similar to the bike from Akira, but the individual (if I remember correctly) that was driving it was laying on their stomach, stretched out, instead of sitting back, like you would usually see on a bike. The position of the individual I'm not totally sure of, but the thing that I do remember was that there was some sort of shield over the individual. For some reason, I keep thinking that it was the same color as the bike, and was almost organic.

*In this same anime, there was some sort of parasite that had taken over one of the characters, and it painfully manifests near the end as green tentacles.

Sadly, that's all I can remember. There isn't, by any chance, a comprehensive list of the items that were shown on the anime days of SciFi channel, are there?
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:08 pm Reply with quote
For future reference, please direct all questions of this sort to This Wonderful Sticky where people will attempt their best to help.

And I'm not sure but that kind of sounds like, well the bike part, like Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 and the parasite part might fit too, but I dunno.

I just happen to have a list of anime that's been on Sci-fi, not super great but a list none-the-less.

I know from September to December of 1996 they showed Ronin Warriors.
Akira
Armitage- III somewhere in 97.
Casshan: Robot Hunter
Demon City Shinjuku
Dominion Tank Police
8man After
E.Y.E.S. of Mars
Gall Force: Eternal Story
Green Legend Ran- Also in 97
IRIA Zeiram the animation- also in 97
Lily C.A.T.
Odin: Photon Space Salior Starlight
Project A-ko
Project A-ko v.s. Grey Side/Blue Side
Record of Lodoss War- Why? I don't know, it's fantasy
Robot Carnival- YES THEY DID
Roujin Z
Tenchi Muyo: The movie
Vampire Hunter D
The Venus Wars[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:
For future reference, please direct all questions of this sort to This Wonderful Sticky where people will attempt their best to help.

Yup, if any of the above mentioned titles aren't what you're looking for please repost your question in that thread.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1