• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai to Release BASTARD!! -Heavy Metal, Dark Fantasy- Anime on Home Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2024 10:54 am Reply with quote
Any word on if the English dub in the listing is the same one as on Netflix, or will it be a brand new dub from Sentai, a la what happened with Baki & Vinland Saga?

Regardless, I'm just happy to see that the Bastard!! anime reboot is getting a physical release. I absolutely love this series, but I don't use Netflix, so I'm ecstatic that I'll be able to finally watch this anime. Since, by this point, it's obvious that the manga will never be given a second chance in English, I'll take whatever I can get for more Bastard!! over here.
Akcoll99

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2024 12:21 pm Reply with quote
While Bastard!! by itself doesn't interest me, there are several streaming titles on Netflix and other platforms I would love to see get physical releases in the future. Might be an area where Sentai could carve out a niche for itself in addition to the Hidive titles.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2024 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
Any word on if the English dub in the listing is the same one as on Netflix, or will it be a brand new dub from Sentai, a la what happened with Baki & Vinland Saga?
Vinland Saga wasn't a new dub, it came out the exact same time as the Netflix dub.

As to your question. I think they might include the Netflix dub for this title. Now that they are owned by AMC, I think they have the funds to pay the high prices.
SP654

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2024 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Damn, I was hoping for season three
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2024 3:09 pm Reply with quote
SP654 wrote:
Damn, I was hoping for season three

I hope for that too! Also for the manga to continue!
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2024 3:54 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Lord Geo wrote:
Vinland Saga wasn't a new dub, it came out the exact same time as the Netflix dub.

As to your question. I think they might include the Netflix dub for this title. Now that they are owned by AMC, I think they have the funds to pay the high prices.

Sentai did have to redub Kakegurui, don't forget that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1