• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gushing Over Magical Girls TV Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John the Dark Lord

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2024 8:28 am Reply with quote
Oh my God, this is big. Not just for fans of the anime, but for Yuri as a whole. Because for the longest time, the genre was seen as "cursed" with a No Season 2 curse. For years the only series of the genre that were allowed multiple seasons were Maria-sama ga Miteru and Yuru Yuri. Those two and nothing else. And now the curse has been broken! An Yuri anime got a second season! This is a reason to party!
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2024 8:30 am Reply with quote
Absolute peak horny say gex with a bit of S&M spice is back on the menu, and no one really that surprised after how much first season blew out of proportions.

Now the question will be if Kadokawa pull the the double budget to get animated all the yuri horniness that gonna come.
akitainu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2024 8:32 am Reply with quote
Hot damn, color me happy.

Hoping for the author's full recovery so the manga will get rolling again. But this will do nicely for now.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2024 8:38 am Reply with quote
Not continuing would have been blasphemy when it will be even better later, just hoping that the studio will continue to be bold.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2024 9:24 am Reply with quote
Considering how popular it became, I'm not the least surprised, but it's great news!
Farhanawesome

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2024 9:53 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Considering how popular it became, I'm not the least surprised, but it's great news!

And it was a missed opportunity for Sentai not to dub it, they didn't realize the popularity of this anime. They dub some anime with similar genre like Vermeil, Chained Soldier, Peter Grill
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2024 10:09 am Reply with quote
Farhanawesome wrote:
And it was a missed opportunity for Sentai not to dub it, they didn't realize the popularity of this anime. They dub some anime with similar genre like Vermeil, Chained Soldier, Peter Grill
At least they actually committed to bring to the West and not ditch in the middle like Funimation and Interspecies Reviewers - let alone something like Peter Grill or especially Chained Soldier (which was heavily censored and criticized, to the point that it switched studio to Passione for S2) are very tame compared to the no holds barred scenes like the spoiler[Azul "corruption" or "Room you cannot leave until you please Basier"] - which required too big ballsy move from Sentai to try to dub over it than they allowed.
zekro94

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2024 10:21 am Reply with quote
I find it funny that the in the clips shown in the vid there's leberblume saying: For what was I fighting? and right after that a scene of her being kissed by loco musica with the caption: For this. That was a great comedic timing
NickCMedia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2024 10:26 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Farhanawesome wrote:
At least they actually committed to bring to the West and not ditch in the middle like Funimation and Interspecies Reviewers -

Funimation had no choice. In fact, they should never have licensed it in the first place. That was their one big mistake with ecchi anime. IR was R-18 meant only for Media Blasters. Towards the end, it had content never shown (shadows don't count) in any anime any non-Media Blasters company ever licensed before: spoiler[Private parts (pixelated, yes, but still there, and still a no-no for any company other than Media Blasters).]
Gushing Over Magical Girls could have been picked up by any company. Sentai Filmworks just put in the highest bid.

Last edited by NickCMedia on Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2024 10:46 am Reply with quote
NickCMedia wrote:
Funimation had no choice. In fact, they should never have licensed it in the first place. That was their one big mistake with ecchi anime. IR was R-18 meant only for Media Blasters. Towards the end, it had content never shown (shadows don't count) in any anime any non-Media Blasters company ever licensed before: spoiler[Private parts (pixelated, yes, but still there, and still a no-no for any company other than Media Blasters).]
Oh, I assume you, Funimation had a choice with the censorship - because Interspecies Reviewers was actually released on streaming service in English through the Australian Madman Entertainment Animelab, before the only possible way to watch it legally in West stopped to exist with their merger with the same exact Funimation.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2024 11:34 am Reply with quote
Yes! More pervy anime need sequels.
NickCMedia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:12 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
NickCMedia wrote:
Oh, I assume you, Funimation had a choice with the censorship - because Interspecies Reviewers was actually released on streaming service in English through the Australian Madman Entertainment Animelab, before the only possible way to watch it legally in West stopped to exist with their merger with the same exact Funimation.

Obviously an oversight. IR's content was way beyond anything ever licensed by companies other than Media Blasters. Funimation had no choice whatsoever except to drop IR.

And there still is one other legal way to watch it: Media Blasters' Blu-ray release.

IR case closed. End of story. Back to GOMG.

As to GOMG, Crunchyroll could have gotten it, considering they licensed equally-lewd programs prior and since (some even more lewd, such as KamiKatsu, Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid, Harem in the Labyrinth of Another World, World's End Harem and The Testament of Sister New Devil, among other things). But Sentai had the highest bid.

And while Sentai Filmworks made a big mistake in not dubbing GOMG, I'm sure they'll do it eventually. To Love Ru had a sub-only Blu-ray release long before it finally got dubbed. Sentai can do the same with GOMG overtime.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2024 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Deserved. This show was a guilty pleasure of mine Laughing
remuremu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2024 2:01 pm Reply with quote
peak is back
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2024 2:31 pm Reply with quote
You mean peaks are back! Wink Can't wait...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2