• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sorezore no Kodoku no Gourmet Live-Action Series Reveals Visual, Teaser Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WatcherZer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:05 pm Reply with quote
When I was in Japan channel hopping this was one of the shows I regularly watched (one series was also on the in-flight entertainment on the way back so I binged a load of episodes).

The others being that 15 min each morning show about their first female judge, their 2 hour detective dramas that there seemed to be dozens a week of (all with near identical setup of nosy civilian woman trying to solve a case that incompetent police are either not interested in/cant solve with a bumbling cop as a sidekick and a police captain/senior detective that doesn't want their help as a foil. And a show similar to the Gourmand where it was a solitary woman visiting different cafes (usually run down/stuck in the past) and trying to understand the cafe/cafe menu's reason for existing (how it was still in business) or to understand the other customers by observing them (like trying to guess what their jobs were, what they were going to order, or seeing customers ordering secret menu items and then wanting to try them herself).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1