• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball: Sparking! Zero Game's New Trailer Introduces GT Characters

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Pan! SSJ4! Omega Shenron! Dragon Fist!
malvarez1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like Uub got a new voice actor.
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 7:16 am Reply with quote
Really sad we didn't get any of the other evil dragons, especially Nova or the wind one. The Para Para Brothers would have been great too for a gag character(s) with one OP move. Watching Team Four Star's grind through the series, it's not that bad in some places. DBGT had great concepts but terrible execution.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 8:46 am Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:

they are doing a weird rotation with Uub's voices. They replaced Sean Teague with Justin Briner in Xenoverse 2(likely because he's busy with other stuff since he's not much active as a voice-actor these days),then they got Teague back recently for Kakarot's DLC just last year,and now they are replacing him again with Zeno Robinson for Sparking Zero.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:49 pm Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:
malvarez1 wrote:

they are doing a weird rotation with Uub's voices. They replaced Sean Teague with Justin Briner in Xenoverse 2(likely because he's busy with other stuff since he's not much active as a voice-actor these days),then they got Teague back recently for Kakarot's DLC just last year,and now they are replacing him again with Zeno Robinson for Sparking Zero.

That is odd. They usually stick with a replacement if they can, and it's not like Justin Briner isn't active.

I'm not surprised by which characters were included, more so the ones that weren't. GT Trunks was a prominent character, and it's not like they have shied away from using multiple versions of the same character. No Super 17 and none of the other Dragons. Those seem like odd omissions considering a character like Popovic made the cut. Maybe they reached some sort of limit and since GT isn't canon it was the one with characters left out? Overall, I'm kind of impressed that the games have kept GT around as it is.
Wack Sage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 2:00 pm Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:

The new VA implied it's because Uub is black a couple weeks ago so I guess they wanted a non-white guy voicing him now.
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm not surprised by which characters were included, more so the ones that weren't. GT Trunks was a prominent character, and it's not like they have shied away from using multiple versions of the same character. No Super 17 and none of the other Dragons. Those seem like odd omissions considering a character like Popovic made the cut. Maybe they reached some sort of limit and since GT isn't canon it was the one with characters left out? Overall, I'm kind of impressed that the games have kept GT around as it is.
Maybe they are withholding for DLC? Super 17 and GT Trunks are huge omissions too big to ignore.
tintor2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 1:40 pm Reply with quote
They couldn't put Super 17 in the game after that gunning down scene from GT...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1