• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Amazon Prime Video Announces Secret Level Series Set in Video Game Worlds

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malvarez1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:26 pm Reply with quote
I don’t know quite what to make of this yet, but the CGI looks nice.

The allegations against Capcom are true; they’ll do everything with Mega Man except make a new game.
Ninten

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2024 6:19 pm Reply with quote
They're really making an episode based on Concord?
TyroKith

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2024 6:46 pm Reply with quote
I haven't watched the trailer yet but I am excited nonetheless because I really enjoyed what I saw of LOVE, DEATH + ROBOTS. I'm looking forward to the Armored Core episode especially.
NieR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2024 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Really want to see Jak and Daxter, Infamous, Shadow of the Colossus and Sly Cooper get anthology episodes. Maybe in a second season if it doesn't get cancelled.

For now though, definitely interested in the Dungeons & Dragons, God of War, Mega Man, Pac-Man and Spelunky episodes.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2024 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Ninten wrote:
They're really making an episode based on Concord?

You know that’s some sort of request in exchange for another license. “Please do a short based on this hero shooter and we’ll let you do an Armored Core pilot…with Keanu Reeves apparently.”

I want the Armored Core short to be good, Keanu or no Keanu.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2024 9:00 pm Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
I don’t know quite what to make of this yet, but the CGI looks nice.

The allegations against Capcom are true; they’ll do everything with Mega Man except make a new game.

Laughs in Viewtiful Joe, Strider, Dead Rising, Bionic Commando, Dark Void, Darkstalkers, Saturday Night Slam Masters, Final Fight and a slew of other series all of whom’s last entries came out years before the most recent MegaMan title which would X Dive (2021) or if you want to be pedantic because of the type of game X Dive was MegaMan 11 (2018).

So the allegations are dubious at best Razz
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2024 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like a great idea for an anthology series. Hopefully it turns out well and we get more deep cuts in the future Smile
Hitokiri Kenshin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2024 9:53 pm Reply with quote
This kind of sounds like a more grown-up version of Captain N, albeit as an anthology.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2024 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Surprised they were able to get the rights to some of these.
Glordit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 6:45 am Reply with quote
Sony trying really hard to make a hero shooter relevant in 2024 by making a Concord short.

I wonder if the UT one is animated n UE5?
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:03 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't be surprised if Concord made it in there because of direct funding from Sony. The very brief weekly vignettes that the game is doing seem like an odd choice to me since they don't seem like enough to get people interested to keep coming back. It's something that maybe would have made sense if the game had a story mode, and then it was a bonus for playing the multiplayer. This is something a bit more substantial, but also hooked onto something else with IP that will probably have more interest. Basically, they're trying to do something with Concord, but those bets are certainly hedged.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:28 am Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Concord made it in there because of direct funding from Sony. The very brief weekly vignettes that the game is doing seem like an odd choice to me since they don't seem like enough to get people interested to keep coming back. It's something that maybe would have made sense if the game had a story mode, and then it was a bonus for playing the multiplayer. This is something a bit more substantial, but also hooked onto something else with IP that will probably have more interest. Basically, they're trying to do something with Concord, but those bets are certainly hedged.
If anything, people shouldn't really be supposed to wonder of Concord considering how Sony trying to promote it very HARD - but something like New World (which is obviously there only just because of Amazon funding), Crossfire or Honor of Kings (that means Tencent also involved in the production), let alone Unreal Tournament - the IP that is abandoned beyond measures by it's owners.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Glordit wrote:
Sony trying really hard to make a hero shooter relevant in 2024 by making a Concord short.

They’re still relevant even if they’re too many of them.

Greed1914 wrote:
It's something that maybe would have made sense if the game had a story mode, and then it was a bonus for playing the multiplayer.

Many story modes in these shooters tend to be undercooked in favor of their multiplayer components. Not to mention Blizzard’s been in perpetual damage control mode over Overwatch 2’s pared down story mode so simply having the idea in mind means nothing if you can’t go all out with it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1