• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Capcom Announces Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kicksville

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:46 pm Reply with quote
It should be interesting to see what, if any, adjustments they make here. The NPCs you have to rescue being dumb as tar has a big effect on how you have to play the game. They're a lot smarter in Dead Rising 2 - still not an easy game, but less likely you'll have to level up/restart if you want to try to help everyone.

I sorta figure they may try to make it more like 2, but maybe the backlash to 4 downplaying the difficulty too much might mean they'll leave it alone. I expect more modern controller conventions, at the least.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Guess if maybe this sells well...Capcom might bring the franchise back? Pretty please?
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Will the remastered game give us a chance to kill the old bitch that opened the [expletive] door to save her Goddamn dog?
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I just saw the news about this remaster via Twitter/X. So is this remaster going to be similar to how The Last of Us got a remaster on PS4, and a "remake" on PS5. I mean how is this remaster going to be different from the previous PS4/Xbox One release. I can't wait to see Digital Foundry on Youtube (along with others like AustinSV, who does console version comparison) to tell me how this particular remaster differ from the PS4/Xbox One version. If there's no significant improvement over the PS4/Xbox One version, then I won't bother buying it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vycey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:58 pm Reply with quote
SI-SIR!! I-I SEE SOMETHING!! ITS SLOWLY COMING THIS WAY!!

For real though, this is pretty great news. The original game is the reason I got a 360 back in the day.
pushknife

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:23 pm Reply with quote
At least the original version is on Steam in the event they inevitable censor and remove stuff in this remaster.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:41 pm Reply with quote
pushknife wrote:
At least the original version is on Steam in the event they inevitable censor and remove stuff in this remaster.

Ah, the original 360 version was already censored (if you lived in Europe and/or Japan). Let say I found out the PS4/Xbox One version has adapted European censorship worldwide:

censorship wikia wrote:

German censorship

The game was banned in Germany due to brutal violence. (BPjM Indexed)

The game is not sold on the German Steam site.

This ban was later lifted, and the European version was released in Germany.

Japanese censorship

The Japanese version has the European censorship as well as the other cases of censorship below.

Dismemberment was removed.

Blood was completely removed from the game.

European censorship

In the shop "In the Closet" you can put on a T-shirt that shows a topless woman in the uncensored version. In the European version the lady is now wearing a bikini top.

A painting that can be found in the "Casual Gals" shop that shows her wearing a white dress in the European version.

International censorship

The remaster uses the European censored version.

I'm not sure what the new remaster will bring or censored, but the original 360 version and the 1st remastered PS4/Xbox One already has censorship on there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1