• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Misfit of Demon King Academy II Anime Delays Last 3 Episodes

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SinisterOracle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:46 am Reply with quote
Son of a t***. What is going on with this production team? I can’t foresee this getting another season (if there’s anything left to adapt. I’m not sure about the source material). Oh well. I’ll watch the finale at some point this year.
Glordit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:57 am Reply with quote
Happened with the first half of season 2 aswell. Silverlink seems to be OK with Yozakura Family. Will last Crusade suffer the same fate as Mao Gakuin?

Not that the delays are a concern, the second season in its entirety isn't as great as the first, it feels like a lot of the charm has been removed.

Last edited by Glordit on Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:58 am Reply with quote
Glordit wrote:
Happened with the first half of season 2 aswell. Linden films seems to be OK with Yozakura Family. Will last Crusade suffer the same fate as Mao Gakuin?

Not that the delays are a concern, the second season in its entirety isn't as great as the first, it feels like a lot of the charm has been removed.

Lidenfilms? You mean Silver Link?
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:30 am Reply with quote
SinisterOracle wrote:
Son of a t***. What is going on with this production team? I can’t foresee this getting another season (if there’s anything left to adapt. I’m not sure about the source material). Oh well. I’ll watch the finale at some point this year.
Well, there is a lot of material to adapt, but yeah - the production is so hot mess to the point that they delaying already delayed show which supposed to be ended in Summer 2023.

Most SILVER LINK productions seems to be cursed at that point.
The_Daytona_500

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:57 am Reply with quote
Glordit wrote:
Happened with the first half of season 2 aswell. Linden films seems to be OK with Yozakura Family. Will last Crusade suffer the same fate as Mao Gakuin?

Firing Tatsuhisa Suzuki remains one of the worst decisions I've ever seen. Alongside Kana Hanazawa as Katri Layton, it's in the top 2 performances in all of anime. Without him, the show is nothing.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:40 am Reply with quote
I remember last time they blamed the delay on the pandemic.
SinisterOracle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:57 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

Perhaps this time they’ll blame it on the Kadokawa cybersecurity breach.
SinisterOracle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:59 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
SinisterOracle wrote:
Well, there is a lot of material to adapt, but yeah - the production is so hot mess to the point that they delaying already delayed show which supposed to be ended in Summer 2023.

Most SILVER LINK productions seems to be cursed at that point.

That’s a shame as I enjoy the show. I don’t watch many of their anime adaptations as the titles don’t interest me much, but they seem to not have enough staff to be able to handle two anime adaptations at a time. I wonder why they haven’t been able to improve their staffing and circumstances.
James02

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:16 am Reply with quote
I’m hoping that we’ll be able to still watch the last episode in July
Glordit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:20 am Reply with quote
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
Glordit wrote:

Lidenfilms? You mean Silver Link?

Correct! I got my studios mixed up. Thanks!
SP654

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:46 am Reply with quote
DAMMIT THEY BETTER NOT PULL A 6 MONTH DELAY WITH THE LAST EPISODE LIKE COME ON THEY’RE ALMOST ABOUT TO FINISH IT!!!!!!!!!
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:01 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Original run was during the hot mess season that got multiple show productions crumbled down right in the middle of TV release - so even if committee hide the true reasons for delays behind COVID, it was part of bigger problem.

But this time there is just nothing to blame for whole carousel with production staff completely changed during the "mid-season" and the studio clearly put if from the list to B-tier (basically what SL did with Sasaki and Peeps) - which ended significantly worse for the show.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:12 am Reply with quote
SinisterOracle wrote:
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

Perhaps this time they’ll blame it on the Kadokawa cybersecurity breach.

I'm sorry but I laughed Laughing
Velluekk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:16 am Reply with quote
SilverLink really wants to abandon this show, giving Mission: Yozakura Family 27 episodes and allocating animators for PRINCESS-SESSION ORCHESTRA, but they don't have any available animators to work on the last 3 episodes of The Misfit of Demon King Academy. I don't expect this show to get another season; it's as if they want to completely drop it.
Velluekk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:36 am Reply with quote
SinisterOracle wrote:

Just read the source material, and I don't expect this to get another season. It's really evident that they didn't prioritize this, given it got delayed multiple times.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2