• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon Ghost Game Anime Ends With 68th Episode on March 26

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nyapan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:54 pm Reply with quote
The episodic format had its ups and downs but overall I had fun following it weekly! I really liked the cast even if their development was kind of messy.
I wasn't even planning on watching it after disliking Adventure: (I still haven't finished it) but the horror theme and Akira Ishida brought me in.
I hope they do even better for the next Digimon series!
TonMorX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Fuji TV airs E66 on March 19 - means E68 would be on April 2nd
despite that the Japanese Calendar has currently listed an E69 for April 9th (but without the usual [End] Tag [Subject to Change]

Livechart.me is listing E66 also for March 19th

SRC
https://www.fujitv.co.jp/b_hp/digimon_ghost_game/index.html
https://www.livechart.me/timetable?date=2023-03-12
BalmungHHQ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure the series is ending with episode 67.
There's no episode airing this week, so ep 66 will air on the 19th, and ep 67 will air on the 26th.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:44 pm Reply with quote
I've enjoyed Digimon Ghost Game and I'll be sad to see it go but it also feels like it needs another full arc to wrap the story up instead of trying to rush things in like two episodes. An English dub has also been confirmed to be in the works for Ghost Game and it's going to be an LA dub and they've already started casting calls. https://twitter.com/WithTheWill/status/1632517175255896065?s=20
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:54 pm Reply with quote
I fell out of this at episode 31, though now that I know how many episodes it has, I better get back into it.
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Loved the series, but I cannot see how it can end in 2 episodes and have a proper ending.
MyMasterMatthew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:38 pm Reply with quote
I'll forever have a soft spot in my heart for Digimon Ghost Game, but I'm still of the opinion that this series had a lot of wasted potential. Perhaps my expectations were too high after that banger of a first episode.
Juno016

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:08 pm Reply with quote
I don't think the ending will be rushed, actually. Despite the series' length, it is pretty barebones with its plot. In terms of unanswered questions/plot threads/conflicts, we have:
spoiler[1) Black Digimon mystery
2) What was Hiro's dad doing?
3) What is wrong with the digital world?
4) Gulusgammamon?
5) Moonmillenniummon

The first three are almost certainly connected by a single thread that will answer all three. Gulusgammamon seems to want to be "revived"? He might be the king of the black digimon or something? Hiro's dad may have sent Gammamon, as a defeated/weakened Gulus, to Hiro to raise him properly. Either way, he seems main antagonist/main conflict level threat. And Moonmillenniummon is almost certainly the key to stopped Gulus. That will likely wrap up the story as it is.]
MyMasterMatthew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
I don't think the ending will be rushed, actually. Despite the series' length, it is pretty barebones with its plot. In terms of unanswered questions/plot threads/conflicts, we have:
spoiler[1) Black Digimon mystery
2) What was Hiro's dad doing?
3) What is wrong with the digital world?
4) Gulusgammamon?
5) Moonmillenniummon

The first three are almost certainly connected by a single thread that will answer all three. Gulusgammamon seems to want to be "revived"? He might be the king of the black digimon or something? Hiro's dad may have sent Gammamon, as a defeated/weakened Gulus, to Hiro to raise him properly. Either way, he seems main antagonist/main conflict level threat. And Moonmillenniummon is almost certainly the key to stopped Gulus. That will likely wrap up the story as it is.]

You forgot one of the most important questions! spoiler[Who is the real Hiro?] Razz
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:35 am Reply with quote
And so ends another Digimon series...
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I've enjoyed Digimon Ghost Game and I'll be sad to see it go but it also feels like it needs another full arc to wrap the story up instead of trying to rush things in like two episodes. An English dub has also been confirmed to be in the works for Ghost Game and it's going to be an LA dub and they've already started casting calls. https://twitter.com/WithTheWill/status/1632517175255896065?s=20

Oh, very nice.
eltodesukane

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:08 pm Reply with quote
It's already april 07 and episode 68 is nowhere to be seen.
Will there be an episode 68, or was 67 the final one?
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:26 pm Reply with quote
eltodesukane wrote:
It's already april 07 and episode 68 is nowhere to be seen.
Will there be an episode 68, or was 67 the final one?
There is no episode 68. Ghost Game has already been replaced with another show. A lot of sites and not just ANN made an error on reporting the episode count. Probably whatever sources they were using counted the recap special as a numbered episode. But the show is done.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1