• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Comprehensive Naruto U.S. Broadcast Chronology

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NikoLiberty

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:05 am Reply with quote
Alright. I'm here to figure some stuff out for myself, and hopefully someone on here can help me. I tried posting this on Anime Superhero but the thread seemed suspicious to them so in the meantime, I'll post it here for the hell of it.

So, Naruto premiered on Cartoon Network on Saturday, September 10, 2005. It ran until it's final airing of episode 209 on Saturday, January 31, 2009, effectively cutting the series short for no other reason than to satisfy Stuart Snyder's ego. As a side note, the series was put on hiatus on YTV in Canada around the same time, however they managed to wrap the series up at the tail end of 2009, right before Bionix was axed.

Cartoon Network ran 209 episodes, 3 movies, and 1 TV special. The episodes and TV special were edited for content, while the movies were shown uncut. I believe this is because no edited masters were made on Viz's part.

Where Cartoon Network slacked off, Disney XD picked up some of that slack by premiering Naruto Shippuden, the successor to Naruto on Wednesday, October 28, 2009. Where the series ran for a petite run of 97 episodes ending on Saturday, October 08, 2011. Or so it seems. There were rumours circulated on this site as well as others that not only did episode 98 air as scheduled on Tuesday, November 05, 2011, but that around 10-12 additional episodes were seen in their edited form on the Disney website. I take that with a huge grain of salt, as I have found no evidence for either to be true.

What I do know for sure is that they aired 97 episodes and 1 movie. Whether or not the movie was edited I have no idea. I assume it was because this is Disney we're talking about, however if I am wrong on anything, please correct me (politely) and I'll revise any mistake I may have made, especially if you have circumstantial evidence.

Do your thing. I'm trying to put this to bed for my own sanity here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1