• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
SUPER HXEROES: "H"EROES SAVE THE WORLD (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:56 am Reply with quote

SUPER HXEROES: "H"EROES SAVE THE WORLD (TV)

Genres: Action, Comedy, Supernatural, Ecchi, School, Shounen

Plot Summary: An unknown invader known as the "Kiseichū" invades Earth and begins robbing people of the source of their erotic "H energy," robbing them of the will to live. Retto Enjō, a high school boy, joins the hero organization HxEros, and alongside four beautiful high school girls, will save the Earth from the alien threat. (from manga)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1

As always, Stark700 thank you for your work in creating these discussion threads.

So I found that fun. Seems like the perfect summertime show if you like fan service and goofy humour. I don't see myself having too many intellectual epiphanies as I watch this, but I think I'll get some giggles.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:31 am Reply with quote
*watches to the end of the episode*

Wait, is this entire series built up on the single pun of H and Ero making Hero?!

This feels a little redundant from Gonna be the Twin-tail already did the heroes and monsters thing involving the power of fetish, that being a series I found a little funny. Would kind of hope that this series might improve to get a humour response from me, or at least sexy enough. The girl hitting him because he apparently has been living with three girls is really not funny.

Shouldn't be reading too much into things, but it kind of felt like it said that humans just become husks and lose their passion without their sex drive. That sounds a little offensive to asexual people. But this is an ecchi series, so shouldn't expect something complex.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:39 am Reply with quote
This series reminds me more of Damidaler than Gonna Be the Twin Tail but I love the fact that one with the game breaking "hero" power is the Childhood Friend. She was his first love and Ryuto still loves her and he wants to tell her such but she....

Episode 1
I expected that her love was swallowed by the kiseichu but no, it was quite the opposite actually. In fact, what Hoshino was feeling wasn't just love, it was out right lust even at her age and the emotion killed it in one blow. A real Too Spicy for Yogsothoth moment.

Me: "Wow, she's kind of freaky."
Hoshino: "Wow, I'm kind of freaky."

So it's not that she forgot how much she loved one guy, she went on to give up all men altogether. But with one Retcon... "Ret-kun", this series is HEAVILY trope based, did I mention that yet?... she's back to at least talking to him, touching, living with him? Hold on, there's three more girls!

Episode 2: Introduction time. A girl, two girls, more girls but I'm just here for Hoshino... as is Ret-kun which is odd for a harem set up. Anyways, Hoshino is still at war with her emotions which, in a surprise to no one, are more powerful than ever after being bottled up for years. They're actually powerful enough to destroy a kaiju kiseichu...

Question 1: Kiseichu... is that something like "kissing bug"? Are they in fact "cooties"?
Question 2: Why do they all have insect breasts?

... in one hit.

Regardless of the questionable enemy, I'm very much interested to see how Hoshino comes to terms with herself.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1