• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Phantom of the Inferno

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vortextk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:47 am Reply with quote
Was wondering if anyone had played this title or seen the short OVA based on it. I'm not positive what you call it but the game is your basic static image with occasional animation game where you pick different decisions. This is just a regular DVD that can be played on any stand alone dvd-player. The basic plot is that your memories have been erased as you had shown a talent for killing and are now an assassin for an American crime syndicate. And it is a bit hard calling it a game, more just a branching story that you get to pick where it goes. The whole thing is almost epic though because of how long it is. Also, anyone with a thing for guns would get a kick out of all the tech talk they have; it was very interesting to me.

The OVA has cut massive parts out and even then is liberal with what they left in. Not too bad, but nothing amazing. If you had seen it, I'd say get the game for it's 10x longer and deeper story.

So has anyone else heard of or played this? ( continued in next post...)
Vortextk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:52 am Reply with quote
Sorry, typing from my Wii and it can't handle long documents apparently.

I was originally recommended it years ago and it took me awhile to buy it and longer to finally start into it too. It does began a bit slow. Anyway, it seems to me to be a rarer find but quite good and I wanted to share. Also looking to hear about similar games since they're a bit hard to find/look up, so share any unkown titles with me too please. For 15 or 20 dollars, they have hours and hours of story.
chrisb
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:16 am Reply with quote
I bought the game because it was only 5 dollars at my local book store and I just wante to know what these renai games were supposed to be like. My game was hentai-free and I'm glad because I never really understood why people cared about you as a charcter interactiing in animated sex and plus the story was the only thing that interested me. Art is nice and all but the graphics could have used a little something.

The game has its share of glitches but it didn't make me hate the game at all. The story starts off pretty boring but wow, the characters develop so well and the endings for the main girls are so emotional, I loved it! I'm glad I was able to experience such an awesome game just because the story affected me so much. I'm a guy but even some of the emotional parts made me choke up. I love the opening and ending songs the most, the lyrics are awesome and Fly is the perfect ending song.

The OVA looks interesting but I refuse to watch the whole thing if they left out so much story.

I reccomend this game to any anime fan and heck I've had non-anime people tell me they liked the story.
Vortextk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:29 am Reply with quote
True enough, been awhile since I have turned it on but there are numerous annoying problems. Handful of unsubtitled lines with many more being timed too short, but I just kind of rolled my eyes annoyingly at them and kept on.

5$ though? Lucky, I bought it for 15$ online. Played like two hours and months later came back to it and was hooked.

*edit*Oh and the OVA is just 80 minutes long so...heh. I actually just got the ova in the mail today(rental) and have only watched 2 out of the 3 eps, but neither of the other two girls are in those, and I don't think Claudia has had a single line yet. This definitely needed something regular along the lines of 13 or even 26 eps to get it right.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1