• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How is Apocalypse Zero the most violent?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:39 pm Reply with quote
I've seen two clips on YouTube: the entrails coming out of the mouth scenes. How is it that gruesomeness of this OVA more gruesome than the legendary graphic tentacle rape? That is among the most violent depictions of anime violence.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:09 am Reply with quote
I don't know if I would call it the most gruesome (although it's certainly in the top 1%), but it ranks very high on Most Revolting. There are so many utterly disturbing parts to that series that two brief clips can't cover them all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zombie828

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:36 am Reply with quote
Out of curiousity, where exactly did you get the fact that Apocalypse Zero is the most violent from? Is there a poll or a section on ANN that determines this, or a thread?

You can't really call tentacle rape "violent/gruesome" unless the girls are like bleeding and are killed. It more falls under the category of disturbing-things-the-average-person-doesn't-agree-with, like pedophilia :P. But you're entitled to your opinion.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:14 pm Reply with quote
I got that from a question for Ask John concerning the most violent ever. Also, it's Wiki article says it's arguably the most violent.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1