• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Henjo Manga Offers Industry's 1st Automated Autograph Session

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Why would anyone in their right mind think this is a good idea?
NiPah
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:25 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Why would anyone in their right mind think this is a good idea?

It’s just a goofy promotion, I see nothing wrong with this.
Dr.N0

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:45 pm Reply with quote
I actually find this original.
Kyo Hisagi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:06 pm Reply with quote
A little off-topic here but anyone knows where to buy original drawings from mangaka's? Maybe autographed edition? I've seen signed All you need is kill once.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Kyo Hisagi wrote:
A little off-topic here but anyone knows where to buy original drawings from mangaka's? Maybe autographed edition? I've seen signed All you need is kill once.

Even if you found such a place, know that second-hand signed anything is among the most fraud stricken trade that can be found out there. If you do purchase such items you better have iron-clad proof of authenticity beforehand...
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Kyo Hisagi wrote:

If it’s a super popular mangaka or artist, I’d recommend just sticking with Mandarake. They do a lot of research on the items they sell during their Big Web Auctions, which is where you’ll find hand draw sketches from artists like Miyazaki. Be advised though that these things aren’t cheap, and even a Miyazaki scribble can cost thousands of dollars.

If you’re looking for lesser known artists, you can occasionally find the ones you’re looking for. Yahoo Japan has a lot of auctions for original artwork, but most of that artwork are from new artists. I’ve found a lot of nice stuff on YJ, but it does require patience and the use of a deputy service as YJ sellers don’t ship outside of Japan.

Conventions with Japanese guests are also good for finding sketches, but the really nice stuff, if auctioned off, can sell for hundreds if not a couple thousand dollars.
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:46 pm Reply with quote
This whole automated autograph thing should have been a thing for a long while now.
Kyo Hisagi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:

If it’s a super popular mangaka or artist, I’d recommend just sticking with Mandarake. They do a lot of research on the items they sell during their Big Web Auctions, which is where you’ll find hand draw sketches from artists like Miyazaki. Be advised though that these things aren’t cheap, and even a Miyazaki scribble can cost thousands of dollars.

If you’re looking for lesser known artists, you can occasionally find the ones you’re looking for. Yahoo Japan has a lot of auctions for original artwork, but most of that artwork are from new artists. I’ve found a lot of nice stuff on YJ, but it does require patience and the use of a deputy service as YJ sellers don’t ship outside of Japan.

Conventions with Japanese guests are also good for finding sketches, but the really nice stuff, if auctioned off, can sell for hundreds if not a couple thousand dollars.

Thank you very much, I will try and do my research Very Happy

Blanchimont wrote:
Even if you found such a place, know that second-hand signed anything is among the most fraud stricken trade that can be found out there. If you do purchase such items you better have iron-clad proof of authenticity beforehand...

I trust this shop a lot (I am not promoting it, of course) and manga was already out of stock when I found it. Pretty sure it was not a fake.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1