• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Imōto Sae Ireba Ii. Light Novels by Haganai's Hirasaka Get Fall TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Random Name

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:35 am Reply with quote
Seen the words anime and Haganai...I should really learn to read the full title before getting my hopes up
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:37 am Reply with quote
There's a teaser picture of the anime on twitter and it looks like it'll be crappy and done cheaply by some low tier studio.
Dandylion

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:50 am Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
Seen the words anime and Haganai...I should really learn to read the full title before getting my hopes up

It happened the same to me ... 3rd season when ??? Anime cry also ... 2nd season of Henneko when ???

Anyway ... Let's Hope for the best ...
SleepyDave

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:21 am Reply with quote
Oh boi. I've read the first half of the light novel, and it was terrible. It was dumb Fanservice ans the while time I was like "Plot, where are you?!"
ptj_tsubasa

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:34 am Reply with quote
This made me remember that DMP never released more than three volumes of the Henneko manga. What a shame, it was quite cute.
DDragonking

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:03 am Reply with quote
This gets a release date announced before DxD seriously. Where are you my CCQ?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:06 am Reply with quote
Dandylion wrote:
It happened the same to me ... 3rd season when ???

Trust me, it's for the better we don't get one. Haganai is unfortunately another promising series that totally shits the bed at the end.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:24 am Reply with quote
I think I can see where this is going. spoiler[If I had a brother like that, I'd pretend to be his brother and not his sister.]

I'd want to see the staff before I set my expectations for it, though story wise, I'm not expecting great things, but we'll see.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:22 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Trust me, it's for the better we don't get one. Haganai is unfortunately another promising series that totally shits the bed at the end.

From what I recall it was the author making a tantrum over what he could write the reason Haganai had such a shitty ending. Therefore mōto Sae Ireba Ii enters my select list of animes I will not watch in boycott to the author. Not like my personal ban will make any difference at all, but I am sure many people out there have their own boycott lists.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:52 am Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:

From what I recall it was the author making a tantrum over what he could write the reason Haganai had such a shitty ending.

That's exactly what it was, and it's a shame too. You would think a writer would have more respect for something he created, even if he did have to change a few things he didn't want to. I mean, in the end, it's his to do what he wants, but still, just irks me.
Melicans

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:29 am Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:

From what I recall it was the author making a tantrum over what he could write the reason Haganai had such a shitty ending. Therefore mōto Sae Ireba Ii enters my select list of animes I will not watch in boycott to the author. Not like my personal ban will make any difference at all, but I am sure many people out there have their own boycott lists.

Can you explain that a bit more? I never heard about this tantrum.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:57 am Reply with quote
Melicans wrote:
Can you explain that a bit more? I never heard about this tantrum.

From what I read in some forums, the author wanted a more radical ending (citing how novels and videogames from the west are written). But Bunko is a "family oriented" publishing house (like most light novel publishers), so they want nothing to do with such risky behavior, so he quickly finished the series with an ending that satisfied no one.

My personal theory is that he wanted to do something very bad to Sena, a character that he probably wrote as a satire and nevertheless became very popular. But we will never now for sure.
VanGosroth

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Nope. This author lost me as a reader after what happened in haganai.

Poor poor Sena.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:50 pm Reply with quote
I dont know if he was forced to not be able to do what he wanted on what you all admit is his property, I dont have a big issue with it. Hagani realistically wasn't going to have a good , at least one that satisfies most, and neither will Snafu. Harems in realistic settings rarely end well.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:58 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
I dont know if he was forced to not be able to do what he wanted on what you all admit is his property, I dont have a big issue with it. Hagani realistically wasn't going to have a good , at least one that satisfies most, and neither will Snafu. Harems in realistic settings rarely end well.

I'd take with a large pinch of salt the stories about Hagani. The author states in the end of Volume 11 that the ending was what he had intended from the start. Sure he could have been lying in the afterword or forced to put that there but look at what actualy happened. spoiler[ Kodaka gets to finally make friends, have a 'high school girlfriend', and then go off to University with Sena who he has promised to date after school, ] i.e. he became a 'normie' Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2