• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Kemono Friends Director Tatsuki Attracts Huge Crowd at Dōjinshi Event

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FackuIkari

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:48 pm Reply with quote
... why?
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:21 pm Reply with quote
FackuIkari wrote:
... why?

...I assume you haven't watched it. Smile
KH91

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:17 pm Reply with quote
FackuIkari wrote:
... why?

One who knows nothing can understand nothing.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:18 pm Reply with quote
I love seeing this kind of thing. One of the best things the internet and social media has given us. A way for small time creators to amass massive popularity thanks to just making really good work. Seeing this kind of unprecedented popularity for both Kemono Friends and Your Name makes me happy for the future a bit.
Laethiel

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:25 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't call the huge line a surprise at all, Kemono Friends is a megahit. Volumes 1 and 2 of the BDs + guidebooks had a combined 120k copies in print over 2 weeks ago, with additional printing of both confirmed. They keep having new collabs with various organizations, there's a new app game and new anime video project in development, magazines are having Kemono Friends special features, tons of new fanart is still popping up. I'd only have been surprised if Tatsuki's booth wasn't popular.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Laethiel wrote:
I wouldn't call the huge line a surprise at all, Kemono Friends is a megahit. Volumes 1 and 2 of the BDs + guidebooks had a combined 120k copies in print over 2 weeks ago, with additional printing of both confirmed. They keep having new collabs with various organizations, there's a new app game and new anime video project in development, magazines are having Kemono Friends special features, tons of new fanart is still popping up. I'd only have been surprised if Tatsuki's booth wasn't popular.

yup, it was a megahit in the same way as madoka,bakemonogatari, haruhi, etc... the only reason we don't see it in ann's sales topics is because it did not get sold as a pure bluray, but some kind of book hybrid that uses different sales tracking.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:20 pm Reply with quote
I don't think it was meant like that guys. It was just used to add emphasis. The show itself being popular was a surprise, and in addition to the show being popular, so is the staff! Cool, huh?

(I am exceptionally curious to know how the Blu-rays are doing. Like seriously.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1