• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kira's true love: Flay or Lacus?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:06 pm Reply with quote
In the first G.Seed movie, there's spoiler[a bedroom scene with Kira and Flay] but in the Destiny series, eyecatches featurespoiler[nude embraces of him and Lacus]. If Lacus is supposed "the one" for him (though I've only seen the Seed movies, I think Flay is the one for him), why is there all that romance in the first series between him and Flay?
omar235

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Well (Note: this may ruin the romance for you) spoiler[Flay dies in Seed.] so they probably just wanted to point out that they loved eachother and give her all the time they could with him.

Edit: yes sorry it was seed. Embarassed

Last edited by omar235 on Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:22 pm Reply with quote
omar235 wrote:
Well (Note: this may ruin the romance for you) spoiler[Flay dies in Destiny.] so they probably just wanted to point out that they loved eachother and give her all the time they could with him.

No, spoiler[she died] in SEED, not SEED Destiny. If I recall correctly, spoiler[she died] in episode 50, the last episode of the series, and spoiler[she died when her shuttle was shot by Le Creuset and Kira couldn't get there in time.]
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:23 pm Reply with quote
I've seen the three Seed movies. I am aware why she's not really in the next series. Hard to believe after 621 and counting episodes of Gundam, fans still are intrigued by Tomino-sensei's works. BTW, he recently turned 65.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Guys, take a look at the cover of Newtype Japan November 2005 issue, and you'll know who's Kira's true love.
No fujoshi in this thread? BTW, the ring was added, not original.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
omar235

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:05 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Guys, take a look at the cover of Newtype Japan November 2005 issue, and you'll know who's Kira's true love.

Off course I should have known. Laughing
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:21 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:

I've often made the same joke although the other way around, especially when I first saw episode 20, where Athrun seems far more interested in Kira than Lacus.

It doesn't compare to Garma and Char though. I love the scene in First Gundam where Char is taking a shower with the door open and Garma in the next room. There is that shot at the end of the scene where he towels off his hair and has a twinkle in his eye. Of course they end up at a party where Char spends his time stalking Garma and his girlfriend, and those of us who have seen the series/movie know what a jealous Char does to poor Garma next!
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Lacus wins by deafault since spoiler[Flay's spacedust (Good riddence too)]. His relationship with Flay seemed pretty materialistic for both of them if you ask me.
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Flay was damn annoying. Her relationship with Kira was shitty and all she did was make him feel bad about himself because she was too useless to fight on her own.
thedragon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:51 am Reply with quote
Wasn't the Flay relationship pretty much spoiler[ended right before Kira was separated and the only reason he still felt anything for her was because he hadn't been able to protect her?]
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:04 am Reply with quote
^Pretty much. She blamed him for spoiler[letting her father die.] Thus, he felt responsible for protecting her after that.

I felt kinda sorry that some of the stuff that happened to Flay did happen but if I was Kira I would have probably only added to it after she said "You weren't really trying at all. After all, you're a coordinator like them!" (or whatever she said along those lines). Basically, she was being a racist whore against the person who had pretty much kept them all alive until they managed to get a few more mobile suits.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:32 am Reply with quote
Everyone knows Kira's true love is spoiler[Athrun]. Of course, by the time Destiny ends, spoiler[Athrun has his own harem], so Kira is stuck with spoiler[Lacus]
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:07 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Everyone knows Kira's true love is spoiler[Athrun]. Of course, by the time Destiny ends, spoiler[Athrun has his own harem], so Kira is stuck with spoiler[Lacus]

At the end of SEED, they really made it seem that spoiler[Athrun would end up Cagalli]. I was quite disappointed towards the end of Destiny to see that spoiler[he was going to end up with that one girl from the Minerva].
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:35 am Reply with quote
I think you could probably figure out how I felt about that whole thing by my avatar (it's Cagalli, granted is from the cover of a doujin so she looks different). Gundam SEED Destiny was crap in the latter half, but that was just insult to injury. It was like pissing on someone after you decapitate them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1