• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Boyfriend (Beta) Candy Tastes Like Kisses

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnakinTheFather

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:55 am Reply with quote
That's disgusting.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:54 am Reply with quote
"...special White Day sweets that supposedly taste like kisses. Not the Hershey's kind, the mouth kind."

Surely now they don't mean this in a literal sense? I don't think my mouth would be able to handle that sort of taste, let alone my stomach. Anime dazed
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:59 am Reply with quote
Shocked Laughing

Oh?

The mouth kind you say? Laughing What does that exactly mean? Surely not in the literal sense I hope? Or are they going with the 'sweet' factor as in 'he tasted sweet' or he tasted 'spicy'. Something like that? Laughing

Anyway, when is this getting an anime?
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:42 am Reply with quote
"Oh crap, one of the factory workers spit in all of the candies!"
"Quick, we'll just market them as kiss flavored for valentines, they'll never know."

Yeah, people don't kiss for the taste, it's for the act itself/connection with the other person. I'm not sure who the demographic is with this. That dude from Mysterious Girlfriend X?
championferret

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:03 pm Reply with quote
A lot of the time in shojo manga and sometimes even shonen romance manga when someone has a first kiss they say stuff like 'it tasted fresh like a lemon' or something like that and I was always confused, so I'm willing to bet these will just be all vaguely fruit flavoured candies.

It's like how Senran Kagura had those ridiculous things that were meant to 'smell like breasts' but were actually just perfumed with something like talc, because breasts smell like...SURPRISE...boring, ordinary skin.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1