• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Madoka Magic Card Game Accessories Offered in N. America, British Isles, Australia

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaterri

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Little correction: judging from the shown image, this isn't a 'Madoka Magica' game specifically, but rather the Madoka set of Bushiroad's Weiß Schwarz game; all of the WS sets are AFAIK theoretically interoperable.
Juno016

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Shaterri wrote:
Little correction: judging from the shown image, this isn't a 'Madoka Magica' game specifically, but rather the Madoka set of Bushiroad's Weiß Schwarz game; all of the WS sets are AFAIK theoretically interoperable.

This. Weiss Schwarz is the card game and Madoka Magica is the specific set of cards being promoted here. From what I know, you basically use one set of cards from one anime per deck, and you tend to face off against other people, who may have decks made from other completely different anime, like a Melty Blood deck vs. a Monogatari deck or something.
OrochiKiyo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:57 am Reply with quote
Much like other card games, most expansions get a starter deck and booster packs. Some only get booster packs (Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya), some only get starter decks (Wooser's Hand-to-Mouth Life).

The above are only currently available in Japanese. The currently available English sets are Fate/Zero, Madoka Magica, Sword Art Online, Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f, and Bakemonogatari. Disgaea somehow got a starter deck released, but no booster support. Weiss Schwarz is a fun game, though, people should try it!
Jamie38459

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:21 am Reply with quote
Whoa, I dunno if they do anything cool but they do look pretty sweet and I wish I had some :S
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1