• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fate/Stay night ending

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxima423

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:26 am Reply with quote
i really hope they make a movie about FSN, i think it ended the wrong way. spoiler[ the movie should be based on Sabers dream, and in that dream should be if she actually started her life over in the future and would they have fallen in love and stayed with each other]

[EDIT: Please learn how to use spoiler tags. -TK]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Webki

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:41 am Reply with quote
Well, you do know it is based off of an visual novel, right? More specifically, an H-game.

The ending used for the anime was one of the possible three endings you could get in the game. So, technically, it did end the right way.

Now are you saying they disregard the game, the basis for the show, and make up their own? Or do you want them to choose one of the other two endings?
kazumatheshellbullet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:24 pm Reply with quote
I think he is trying to say that he wasn't satisfied with the ending because spoiler[Saber is in her world and they may never see eachother again...Im saying they because I forgot the other guys name...] I kinda wished for a happier ending, but this ending was one of the most emotional and touching endings I have ever seen. I was litteraly crying my eyes out when I saw heard that guy sayspoiler[ "Someday, my memories will fade...and her voice, her acionts, I might forget them as well, but even so I'll always remember that I loved Saber."]
maxima423

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:36 pm Reply with quote
kazumatheshellbullet wrote:
I think he is trying to say that he wasn't satisfied with the ending because spoiler[Saber is in her world and they may never see eachother again...Im saying they because I forgot the other guys name...] I kinda wished for a happier ending, but this ending was one of the most emotional and touching endings I have ever seen. I was litteraly crying my eyes out when I saw heard that guy sayspoiler[ "Someday, my memories will fade...and her voice, her acionts, I might forget them as well, but even so I'll always remember that I loved Saber."]

yea thats what i ment,for the show to end in another way other then spoiler[ Saber and Shirou being in differnt worlds]. i want a happily ever after ending Razz

as far as the game goes, i would rather watch the anime, I've seen my friends play the game but i was never intersted in it, i would choose watching the anime over the game
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:18 pm Reply with quote
I don't see why we need to spoiler tag events in the anime when the thread title is "Fate/Stay night ending".

Anyway, I would rather see a second season for either one of the other scenarios or Hollow Ataraxia. Preferably animated by Bones or Kyoto Animation. A movie would be too short for any of that.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:23 pm Reply with quote
if i recall, there's like three different endings to the game.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:59 pm Reply with quote
There are yeah, and the one we got for the anime was one of the better ones if not entirely satisfying. Type/Moon sure likes spoiler[depressing endings] for some reason, Tsukihime is the same way. Both series were quite good in my opinion though.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:53 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
if i recall, there's like three different endings to the game.

It's not just different endings. Technically there are about 20 different "endings", most of which would be the equivalent of a Game Over (at least, this is how I understand it; I've never played the game since I can't read Japanese). But there are three different scenarios, each of which is significantly different. The anime mainly follows the Fate scenario while containing some elements from the Heaven's Feel scenario and the Unlimited Blade Works scenario.
Borgir

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:13 pm Reply with quote
It was supposed to end like that, remember that she's king arthur after all, and she had to end like him.
maxima423

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Borgir wrote:
It was supposed to end like that, remember that she's king arthur after all, and she had to end like him.

yea thats true
Borgir

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:36 pm Reply with quote
The interesting for me was, despite of what was happening, the background song "La Sola"

Sad stuff.
maxima423

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Borgir wrote:
The interesting for me was, despite of what was happening, the background song "La Sola"

Sad stuff.

yea i actualy like that song and i put it in my mp3
wasti_ec

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Sorry for the late answer... but I didn´t see this topic before. Well about the ending spoiler[Ii think it had to be done that way to preserve the fact that in the legends king arthur died after fighting his son... ]
I liked the ending very much the way it is and belive that if there is a 2nd season coming out, it should continue with the remaining characters spoiler[and not zombie-people (or better to say servants?)]
Shigurei

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Well it was a tough choice, to destory the trophy and never see her again or the battle or chose the death of millons and millons for just one love.

I would regret it, if I have chosen to destroy the trophie but be a lil happy from it because i saved millons of people from dieing forever from the game.
maxima423

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Shigurei wrote:
Well it was a tough choice, to destory the trophy and never see her again or the battle or chose the death of millons and millons for just one love.

I would regret it, if I have chosen to destroy the trophie but be a lil happy from it because i saved millons of people from dieing forever from the game.

yea i know what you meen, but still i would of like to see them together
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1