• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
BoBoBo Bo BoBoBo Series

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiei77

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know if the whole manga series will come to America? They had the test volume, which was part of Volume 9 or something, and that was it. Did people like it? I really like it and i love the type of humor in it, and i would really love the series to come here. Also does anyone know how the anime and manga is doing? I can never find the one volume of it in the store. Thanks!
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:33 pm Reply with quote
I love this series, but I don't think Viz is going to release any new volumes. Was it unsuccessful?
Hiei77

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:24 pm Reply with quote
I guess it was because there is no news so far of the full-series realease in America, that i know of. I wish they would realease it though!!
Mr.Roboto

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:25 pm Reply with quote
I hope they don't.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:09 am Reply with quote
Mr.Roboto wrote:
I hope they don't.

I don't know, this series was pretty funny. I'd be willing to read again if I could.
bennyb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:39 am Reply with quote
I would buy every volume IF they did. Sadly if they haven't made a move by now I'm having doubts they ever will. Maybe the test volume didn't hit X in sales numbers.

And as far as buying the anime no dvds have been released, not even in Japan from what I understand.
Hiei77

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:16 pm Reply with quote
bennyb wrote:
I would buy every volume IF they did. Sadly if they haven't made a move by now I'm having doubts they ever will. Maybe the test volume didn't hit X in sales numbers.

And as far as buying the anime no dvds have been released, not even in Japan from what I understand.

That sucks. I would buy every volume too! I probably wouldn't buy the anime if it came out on DVD, i'd rather have the manga for BoBoBo.
I_AM_L

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:39 pm Reply with quote
I searched everywhere a while ago and found a website with 3 Bo-BoBo DVDs. They were all 30 dollars for 3 episodes though.

And in the newest issue of SJ, they finally admitted to it. They put somebody's letter in, and they said "We'll let you know if we do any more Bo-BoBo stuff."
sandy_taty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:44 pm Reply with quote
There have been published. I guess?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobobo-bo_Bo-bobo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Cyborg 009

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:23 pm Reply with quote
I like the manga better than the bobobo anime
bennyb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Cyborg 009 wrote:
I like the manga better than the bobobo anime

If you're talking about the version on cartoon network than yea, I'm with you. Besides a few name changes (poppa rocks *cough*) viz did an awesome job with the manga. The anime on CN, while I like it and it's my only real source for bobobo since I don't speak japanese, is pretty westernized. Most of the jokes are re-written, because well, they didn't translate. They did a good job for what it's worth, and the voice actors were awesome.

Sucks how they can't include copyrighted characters, so they had to edit out the cardboard cut-out of Goku. I wonder how they'll handle spoiler[Yugioh popping out of bobobo's afro to throw a dragon card?]
I_AM_L

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:37 am Reply with quote
Wikipedia said that it was cancelled at episode 76, so they episode might not be on TV...I'm not sure though.
bennyb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:39 am Reply with quote
No, the one I was referring to will be, they are on that story arc now and it was animated.

I have a bad feeling they'll cut that scene alltogether. It's so funny too! Sad
Cyborg 009

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:04 pm Reply with quote
A possibility is that he will just use something stupid such as "Super Fist of the Nose Hair!: Dragon Flame Blast!" and Beauty will say "Why not use that on every enemy!"

P.S. Is Suzu a girl or a guy?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1