• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
One Piece chapter title pages missing! (In new Shonen Jump)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobobobobobobo
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:53 pm Reply with quote
I subscribe to Shonen Jump USA, and they just made everything one big chapter (even though on the cover it says "3 chapters!") because 2 of the 3 chapter title pages were missing! The only one they had was the chapter 100 one.

btw this was volume 4, issue 6.
.Sy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Ack, you're right. I didn't even notice. Just to be sure, I'm going to wait for next issue to see if this trend will continue. What's the point of taking chapter title pages out anyway? Maybe there wasn't a full page devoted to the chapter title and the editors forgot to put the chapter title in...
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:46 pm Reply with quote
.Sy wrote:
Ack, you're right. I didn't even notice. Just to be sure, I'm going to wait for next issue to see if this trend will continue. What's the point of taking chapter title pages out anyway? Maybe there wasn't a full page devoted to the chapter title and the editors forgot to put the chapter title in...

There's always a title page to One Piece. Currently, it's a side story featuring Koby and Helmeppo as Choreboys for the Marines. I don't know why they'd take them out, to be honest...
slickwataris

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:32 pm Reply with quote
The chapter titles have nothing to do with the actual story. It's easier to read when they're taken out and they probably just want you to buy the graphic novels.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ShadrachAnki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:01 pm Reply with quote
GoodLuckSaturday wrote:
.Sy wrote:

There's always a title page to One Piece. Currently, it's a side story featuring Koby and Helmeppo as Choreboys for the Marines. I don't know why they'd take them out, to be honest...

Well, it makes me wonder if the chapter title pages are included in the initial Shonen Jump Japan serialization, or if they're a tankobon only thing. If the second is true, it makes me wonder why Viz decided to wait until now before changing things around....

~Shadrach Anki
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:57 pm Reply with quote
It happens, though nothing will be done about it unless the subject is "tankobans". I would wager it's not in Viz's economic interest to recall the cheaply-made ASJ magazines.
I_AM_L

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:50 am Reply with quote
They did it again in the September issue
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:12 am Reply with quote
Do not revive threads over a month old.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1