• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What do you think the chances are of these happening...

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HanatoYume

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:45 pm Reply with quote
These things have been bugging me for awhile, so I thought I would post here and see what the chances are of them actually happening...
1.) Candy Candy ever being released onto DVD in North America, or remastered editions being made in Japan?
All I see are Spanish language boxsets on eBay, and i'm not sure if those are even legit, plus I want the original Japanese audio. I'd also like to see the manga translated into english...
2.) Ojamajo Doremi, Uncut Japanese DVD's?
I know the chances are slim, seeing as it's been liscensed ny 4 Kids TV, but maybe, a shining chance?
3.) Pretty Cure, Uncut DVD?
Pretty much the same as above, even though liscensed by 4 Kids TV, ever a shining chance?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:56 pm Reply with quote
HanatoYume wrote:
2.) Ojamajo Doremi, Uncut Japanese DVD's?
I know the chances are slim, seeing as it's been liscensed ny 4 Kids TV, but maybe, a shining chance?
3.) Pretty Cure, Uncut DVD?
Pretty much the same as above, even though liscensed by 4 Kids TV, ever a shining chance?

Zero. And if they do come out uncut, it will be 1 or 2 volumes, then considered a failure because of low sales, then abolished from their product line.

4Kids' demographic probably doesn't care for uncut anime. As long as they enjoy it, they will just buy whatever is put out on the market for them. Heck, they probably won't even buy those. Most kids at that age will probably be buying action figures, Barbies, or video games.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1