• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sorry if this has been asked but how to add name w/ number?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wao

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:31 am Reply with quote
I want to add "toi8" for Prop Design in Le Chevalier D'Eon. toi8 is, afaik, a circle of illustrators (http://ikebukuro.cool.ne.jp/toi8/). But it isn't a company.

But when I try to enter it it says that the name's got an invalid character (the 8). So how could I remedy this? This has obviously bee ndone by other people cos there are entries like "V6".
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:16 pm Reply with quote
wao wrote:
I want to add "toi8" for Prop Design in Le Chevalier D'Eon. toi8 is, afaik, a circle of illustrators (http://ikebukuro.cool.ne.jp/toi8/). But it isn't a company.

But when I try to enter it it says that the name's got an invalid character (the 8). So how could I remedy this? This has obviously bee ndone by other people cos there are entries like "V6".

I don't know about the invaid character error, but since toi8 is a group of people, it should be added as a company, rather than an individual person. That in itself may solve your problem.
wao

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Uh, if you insist, but I was under the impression groups - as in like *circles* - were added as one person. Like, well, CLAMP for example with a whopping 53 entries.

I'm just assuming it's a circle anyway... though then to be strict Michiko Yokote might have to be a company too, seeing that she's actually the name of the main person of a unit, but her two subordinates work under the same name...
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:24 pm Reply with quote
wao wrote:
Uh, if you insist, but I was under the impression groups - as in like *circles* - were added as one person. Like, well, CLAMP for example with a whopping 53 entries.

I'm just assuming it's a circle anyway... though then to be strict Michiko Yokote might have to be a company too, seeing that she's actually the name of the main person of a unit, but her two subordinates work under the same name...

I'm afraid that had not occurred to me. ^_^; Hopefully one of the editors will see this thread, and make a decision.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1