• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Magikano

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:39 am Reply with quote
Just wondering if anyone has seen this anime yet. I just saw the first episode. It's pretty wierd... I don't know what to think of it. It's focuses around a regular guy attending school (Haruo) who meets this mysterious girl with magical powers (Ayumi) one day (very original, I know). The girl of course ends up being in his class and seems to be giving Haruo wierd looks all day. Ayumi appears on the sofa when he gets home from school and ends up living with him as a maid. Apparently she has a curse put on her and she will lose all her magical powers if she does not make Haruo a "man". I think we all know what this means. The story doesn't seem that original but they display it in a very comedic way. I found some of it pretty funny. The part with spoiler[Haruo and the eel] was a bit disturbing though. I still cracked up at that. Great use of sound effects in this. Encyclopedia entry here. Anyone else see it?
The Lance

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:39 am Reply with quote
I also saw it. It does have the comedic feel, but i'm unsure of what to think of it being it was only the first episode. I won't go as far as to say it is predictable just yet.
therax

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:54 am Reply with quote
I'll agree that it is too early to tell how this show will pan out. I liked the frist ep , but my mind is swimming from all the magic girl/harem shows that are out now. Someone should officially dub '06 as the year of the magic girl Laughing
squirtbag

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:40 pm Reply with quote
I saw the first 2 eps. Its certainly not a new genre, but like many of its kind its so FUNNY. I'll certainly be watching the next ep Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1