• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
AOD from the anime newtork

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darklighter333

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:25 am Reply with quote
For some strange reason I haven't been getting The anime Network on demand lately. I would like to know is there some sourt of bug in the system or that Katrina has mangeled the commuacations with comcast.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:08 pm Reply with quote
I think some providers have discontinued it due to low ratings. The schedule hasn't been updated in weeks, and when it is updated, they add random episodes of shows (like episodes 21 and 3 of FMP!) and bring back shows that have been milked to the bone (we don't need Eva when everyone's already seen it 20 times and it's airing on AS). Screw the Anime Network. DVDs are better.
remember love

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:
I think some providers have discontinued it due to low ratings. The schedule hasn't been updated in weeks, and when it is updated, they add random episodes of shows (like episodes 21 and 3 of FMP!) and bring back shows that have been milked to the bone (we don't need Eva when everyone's already seen it 20 times and it's airing on AS). Screw the Anime Network. DVDs are better.

For once I agree with Starwind they hardly update there schedule and when they do it is alll scrambled alot where you could end up get an episode of 5 then an episodes of 8...I quite watching the anime channel on demand after that...So I don't know if it's still on my system or not but it might be because of like Amada said low ratings.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
DKL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:56 pm Reply with quote
... huh?

I'm still getting it just fine... the only difference now is that they're trying to SELL stuff

... anyway, it doesn't update a whole lot, but I check in every now and then...

I think it's different from place to place

But thanks to AOD, I was able to watch ELFEN LIED and I almost immediately bought up all the DVDs a few days later

So it's still serving it's purpose... although, I'm not really willing to pay for some of the stuff though... I mean, it could go towards a DVD, so you know
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:01 am Reply with quote
DKL wrote:
So it's still serving it's purpose... although, I'm not really willing to pay for some of the stuff though... I mean, it could go towards a DVD, so you know

True. I'm considering buying Area 88 after seeing the first 2 episodes on AOD (I'll probably wait for a boxset).
DKL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:06 am Reply with quote
At the current rate of how fast the THINPAKS come out, that won't be too long Razz
remember love

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:36 am Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:
DKL wrote:

True. I'm considering buying Area 88 after seeing the first 2 episodes on AOD (I'll probably wait for a boxset).

How is the show? I was thinking of picking up the first dvd because the story looks very intriguing. Whats the dubbing like? And are the aircraft almost completely similar to the real thing?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
DKL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:18 pm Reply with quote
I've seen the whole thing... it was pretty solid drama, although, I'm not really familiar with all the war-stuff and can't identify what's what

It's a nice little show about how this guy gets SHAFTED by his best friend into being a mercenary *or something* in the middle-east *was it there?*

Anyway, he doesn't really like the gig and is trying to buy his way out of the whole thing *With like... $2,000,000 from the jobs he does*

... yeah, it's a solid drama
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1