• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Viewtiful Joe Dub Only DVDs...*sigh*

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:07 am Reply with quote
I don't know if anyone mentioned it here, but apparently Geneon's dvds wil be dub only, including edited only, judging from the age rating on the DVDS. Initially, the DVDs were announced to be billingual, of course, that was until Volume 2 was announced, and Geneon confirmed the DVDs would be dub only.

And I'm also noticing a pattern. Almost every, single, capcom anime has been either A) Treated like crap. or B) Edited only releases. Of course there are few exceptions, but that's not the point. I really wish I could find out the reason for geneon doing this. Here's me hoping Geneon will atleast release these uncut in the future. (And judging from the trailer they released, they apparently do have an uncut version produced, but...)
ParaParaJMo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, at least Street Fighter II V got the treatment it deserves. It's kinda funny in the original Japanese track of the Street Fighter II movie it was all j-pop that didn't really feel the mood.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Super Ska Master

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Is that show supposed to be any good anyways? Usually game animes turn out bad.
RedComet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:30 pm Reply with quote
It is actually quite good and have seen it with subs before and I need to see how horrendous the dub is so I probably won't be buying it.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:00 am Reply with quote
RedComet wrote:
It is actually quite good and have seen it with subs before and I need to see how horrendous the dub is so I probably won't be buying it.

If you don't buy it, how do you know how horrendous the dub will be?
RedComet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:
RedComet wrote:

If you don't buy it, how do you know how horrendous the dub will be?

Because they're not using the voice actors from the video games and unless the va's are like somehow perfect I'd prefer hearing the original cast from the video games. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1