• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
b2b naruto november 4 in Canada

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tsukinoken

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:29 am Reply with quote
Just thought I say that on Friday november 4 that naruto will be airing b2b most likely to catch up with the american broadcasting.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:55 am Reply with quote
Yep, starting at 9:30pm.

Still no encores, though. SEED episode 1 is repeating at 1:30am... there seems to be something keeping them from airing the episodes more than once a week.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:35 am Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
Yep, starting at 9:30pm.

Still no encores, though. SEED episode 1 is repeating at 1:30am... there seems to be something keeping them from airing the episodes more than once a week.

Probably the fact that the kiddies can't deal with character development and human drama. At least that's why CN moved it to 1:00AM (now 5:00AM) here in the US.

And I'm guessing b2b means "back-to-back". But with no encores, you guys up north will always be some ways behind us. Last night they showed the episode where that tracker ninja appears.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Sweet back to back episodes. I have something to look forward to this friday. Anyone know if something will replace SEED or SIGN in the future or at least have some idea of what would be shown?

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:
Probably the fact that the kiddies can't deal with character development and human drama. At least that's why CN moved it to 1:00AM (now 5:00AM) here in the US.

... no. Gundam SEED has been a smash hit on YTV and aired all 50 episodes at 9:30pm. It's normal timeslot (which is in reruns) is now 10:00pm on Fridays with repeats at 1:30am. However, this week there are two episodes of Naruto, so the encore slot is just going to be a repeat of the first episode. It looks like this is just a one week thing to get caught up with the US broadcast of Naruto, though (right now we're a week and six days behind. After the two episodes, we'll get the episodes in the same week) and SEED reruns will continue at 10pm.

What I'm confused about is why Naruto isn't getting any repeat showings, while Gundam SEED repeats are being aired twice. If you don't catch the initial airing early on Friday night, you're screwed.

Still absolutely no indication of any new shows for the block this year, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Destiny by December, especially since the dub is apparently over half finished.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Maybe its because Naruto hasn't had the time to build up a huge fan base. I mean Gundam SEED already had the Gundam Wing fanbase to build on.

I think by episode 18 or so naruto should be getting an encore showing.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:07 pm Reply with quote
I think there's some kind of contract issue preventing them from airing the episodes more than once a week. Every other anime on the block gets an encore except Naruto.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1