• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Villans

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:15 am Reply with quote
Who do you think the most formidable villan is and why?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:21 am Reply with quote
Shishio Makoto from Rurouni Kenshin. He's strong, smart, cunning, and an uber great fighter.

I've heard people call him crazy, but he really isn't. He knew what he was doing, and he had a plan to go all the way.

spoiler[ Unfortunately his body was his own worst enemy. If not for the whole "self-cumbustion" thing, Kenshin and all of those people would've been as good as dead. Well, maybe Hiko could've beaten him...]
The Dreaming

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:03 pm Reply with quote
I like Dr. Jackal from GetBackers
http://www.advfilms.com/titles/getbackers/kurodo.html
He has blades in his body that he cuts people with...he's pretty gruesome.
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:36 pm Reply with quote
My favorite Villan wouold have to be Incognito for Hellsing. he is strong a vampire and he can regenorate.

The other villan would be the assassin that was a science experimanet before, then went crazy, and tries to kill Spike in Cowboy Bebop (i cant remember his name)
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:39 pm Reply with quote
ksb wrote:
I like Niroku from inuyasha.

You mean Naraku? Yes, I like him also. He's not ambitious like Shishio, but rather just plain bad. And after 160+ episodes, they still haven't killed him, but of course he runs away a lot and/or is never around.

He's evil, no mistaking it. I just wish they had more episodes with him instead of all that filler.
king_micah

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Mine is complex, Spoilers for Naruto thru chapter 227. spoiler[Sasuke and Orchi the manipulator are my favorite villians. Sasuke is very interesting to watch as we see him falling to darkness and even going as far to (try to) kill his best friend for power. Why does he want that power? To kill his brother, his only family member alive, who is also the reason he is the only one left. Itachi still has a bit of story left, still a bit soon to tell, but Sasuke has fallen to the darkest impulses of bloodlust.]
RedvsBlue

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Vicious. He's a devil of a man

A heart colder then even the most frigid moon, he will cut anyone down without a trace of emotion.

Without Vicious, I doubt Spike would have looked as cool as he does by comparison.

Unlike Legato or Darcia, Vicious has no "special powers". He's only human but still just as deadly.

"There is nothing in this world to believe in."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Perfectsword wrote:
The other villan would be the assassin that was a science experimanet before, then went crazy, and tries to kill Spike in Cowboy Bebop (i can't remember his name)

I believe his name was Mad Pierrot, that really crazy psychopath with the umbrella and the mind of a child, right?
Animefan16

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:28 pm Reply with quote
The Dreaming wrote:
I like Dr. Jackal from GetBackers
http://www.advfilms.com/titles/getbackers/kurodo.html
He has blades in his body that he cuts people with...he's pretty gruesome.

I agree with you on that. He's also sadistic.
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Perfectsword wrote:
The other villan would be the assassin that was a science experimanet before, then went crazy, and tries to kill Spike in Cowboy Bebop (i can't remember his name)

I believe his name was Mad Pierrot, that really crazy psychopath with the umbrella and the mind of a child, right?

YEAH!!! thats his name, Thanks.
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Shishio Makoto from Rurouni Kenshin. He's strong, smart, cunning, and an uber great fighter.

I've heard people call him crazy, but he really isn't. He knew what he was doing, and he had a plan to go all the way.

spoiler[ Unfortunately his body was his own worst enemy. If not for the whole "self-cumbustion" thing, Kenshin and all of those people would've been as good as dead. Well, maybe Hiko could've beaten him...]

Agreed. Shishio Makoto is a very smart man. People call him a psycho but he has everything worked out and is an elite strategist. Shishio is fighting for what he believes in...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
MasterFuu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Hisoka from Hunter X Hunter because he's the craziest anime character I ever watched. He's mad but also quite intelligent. He enjoys killing and fighting people just to test their strength. This is an more deailed description:

Background

Still a great mystery, no one knows where he came from or who he really is. Even Hisoka may not even know himself, preferring to forget his past.

Attributes

An erratic, volatile, killing machine that enjoys the act of killing, especially people whom he has targetted as victims, one being Gon. Thinks he's the best fighter in the world, and always seeks to challenge anybody who appears to be equally powerful as him. He has set his current sight on Kuroro, the leader of the Brigade, finding him to be a worthy opponent which he would want to <kill> with relish.

Fighting Ability

Arguably one of the best fighters in the world, Hyskoa is not only deadly in normal attacks, but has many tricks up his sleeve--his deviousness and volatility has made many opponents difficult to anticipate his next move, and this has led to him winning many battles. Using poker cards as his weapens, he throws them with ease and deadly accuracy, which cut into enemy flesh like a knife to butter.

You don't wonna mess with this guy Anime smile.
brody79

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Vicious from Bebop was ruthless and ruthless for no reason and I mean he wasn't posessed by the devil or nothing and he wasn't insane he was just ruthless plain and simple.
And the fact that he was trained in a lot of sh** help too. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
RedvsBlue

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:40 pm Reply with quote
brody79 wrote:
Vicious from Bebop was ruthless and ruthless for no reason and I mean he wasn't posessed by the devil or nothing and he wasn't insane he was just ruthless plain and simple.
And the fact that he was trained in a lot of sh** help too. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

I'm sure he was trained helped, but the main reason for him being so cold-blooded was the ordeal with Julia and Spike.
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:55 pm Reply with quote
The best villan has got to be the food that Spike left in the refridgerator on the Bebop for a whole year Shocked Wink

[EDIT - De-capitalized. -C]
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2