• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Questions about Bleach

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Okay i've just seen the lastest episode and here are a couple of things that I noticed and of course this will all make sense with the title just read on. Also course just to let everyone know I pay very much attention to everything that is shown in the episodes..and hat includes the opening animation as it does lead to some clues.......though not many. Here are the things that I have noticed and need answers to:

P.S: There will be alot of spoilers, sorry but I have to include them to point out my thoughts.

1. The spoiler[Soukyoku Halberd was destroyed and the flames of it's Phoenix form scattered]. This has gotten me thinking about what was said in the earlier episodes. spoiler[The whole letter by 5th division captain Aizen (though altered by 3rd Captain Ichimaru Gin) does state that someone would be after the Halberd on the execution date, though that doesn't happen.] Well i'm still wondering about it, spoiler[is Ichimaru Gin after it or is someone else after it instead?] Well as i've said above the flames of the released form of the Soukyoku are scattered and this has gotten me thinking of a really stupid story arc to let the manga go ahead more. Hear me out: spoiler[after the whole soul society arc Ichigo and crew have to find the flames of the Soukyoku and restore it to it's former form because the Hollows start to invade Soul Society and they need the Soukyoku to defeat the Menos Grande or some even more powerful Hollow]. Anyways does anyone think this is a high possibility of a story arc?

2. In the opening animation (near the beginning) spoiler[you see Ichigo, then it shows him changing to that Ichigo you see when he is inside himself with Zangetsu (episode 38 or 39). ] I'm just wondering what that might mean?

3. At the end of the opening animation you see spoiler[the sky opening up again with the arms of probably various Menos Grandes and they try to get through]. I'm wondering what that could imply.

4. In episode 51 you see spoiler[6th Captain Kuchiki Byakuya close a drower or something like that with the image of a girl that looks like Rukia and he calls her Hisana. I've come up with several conclusions: 1. that is his mother, 2. she is actually his real sister that probably passed away or 3. she is his wife]. I need clarification please.

5. I'd also like to point out that in the coming episodes that they will probably show more background info on the captains that they are focusing on now (2nd Captain Soi Fong, 4th Captain Unohana??, 8th Captain Kyouraku and 13th Captain Ukitake). Is this a high possibilty?

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:19 pm Reply with quote
To answer your questions, in order:

spoiler[
1. No, it isn't. Not unless the anime deviates significantly from the manga. The plot is moving in a different direction. But it's a nice idea, though.

2. That part is important. It'll take a while to become evident, but it's a major plot point.

3. It can't come as a surprise that there's going to be more Hollow action coming up, and yes, that means Menos-y goodness. And more.

4. Kuchiki Hisana was the wife of Kuchiki Byakuya. She died 50 years before the events in the series. It is related (in the manga) that Byakuya told everyone in the Kuchiki clan that he wanted Rukia adopted because of her physical resemblance to his dead wife. However, it turns out that there is a much more obvious reason for the resemblance. Hisana was, in fact, Rukia's older sister, who was forced to abandon Rukia (while Rukia was still a baby), in Rukongai. Rukia grew up not knowing of her sister - and, as of the current time in the anime (ep 54), has not yet learned the truth.

5. Yes, count on it. Oh, I am looking forward to Soi Fong in animation...]

-abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zoe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:25 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
5. I'd also like to point out that in the coming episodes that they will probably show more background info on the captains that they are focusing on now (2nd Captain Soi Fong, 4th Captain Unohana??, 8th Captain Kyouraku and 13th Captain Ukitake). Is this a high possibilty?

Unfortunately, spoiler[don't get your hopes up about Unohana. She remains a background character.]
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Zoe wrote:
Unfortunately, spoiler[don't get your hopes up about Unohana. She remains a background character.]

Wasn't really hoping much from her anyways. Just wondering why she is been given a lot of screen time lately.

And Abunai...............THANKS! Surprised That cleared up alot of things. That'll be some good info in case they don't explain it in the TV series. Also Abunai I can't seem to find the name for Genryusai's Vice Captain. So far he's only been shown in two episodes and no name has been given. Its really bothering me to not know his name...................also his first release form of his Zanpaktou isn't much.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:34 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
Zoe wrote:

Wasn't really hoping much from her anyways. Just wondering why she is been given a lot of screen time lately.

Without anything more than a gut feeling to base it on, I think Unohana spoiler[will be given more attention later on. As of the most recent episodes of the manga, though, she remains a secondary character.] I'm crazy about her, though.

IchigoK90 wrote:
And Abunai...............THANKS! Surprised That cleared up alot of things. That'll be some good info in case they don't explain it in the TV series.

You're welcome, but I feel confident that they will. Most of those are significant plot points.

IchigoK90 wrote:
Also Abunai I can't seem to find the name for Genryusai's Vice Captain. So far he's only been shown in two episodes and no name has been given. Its really bothering me to not know his name...................also his first release form of his Zanpaktou isn't much.

His name hasn't been given, neither in the anime nor in the manga. Japanese fansites and Wikipedia are also in the dark, so it is safe to assume that no information on him has been made public beyond the content in the manga. We know, as you observe, his zanpakutou's name (「厳霊丸」 - Gonryoumaru, "Solemn Spirit") and its shikai authorisation phrase (「穿て『厳霊丸』」 - Ugate, Gonryoumaru, "Pierce, Solemn Spirit"), but nothing more.

Oh, btw, if you're in the mood for some light-hearted fun on this subject, have a look at this site: Sailor Bleach - particularly the character sketches. Kuchiki Byakuya as... Sailor Moon? Laughing

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Ok heres another question. Seeing as Bleach isn't licensed yet which company do you think would license it? Right now i'm leaning more to the direction of Viz Media licensing it. When/If it gets licensed would it probably be aired on american tv or would it just be sold on DVDs? If it does get aired on american tv do you think much of it would be edited? If they change the opening and ending songs like in Naruto then i'd actually cry. I came really close to crying when I saw and heard the opening for the dub. Other than the opening and the ending being changed I can only see the blood or the few scenes that have Yoruichi nude.

Oh and can anyone explain the scene when spoiler[Rangiku is dreaming in the 5th division's office where she is lying down in a desert (I think) and then she meets Ichimaru Gin? ] I just need to know what happened between Ichimaru and Rangiku? Is it explained in the manga?
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:25 pm Reply with quote
I have a few more questions to ask since I can't find any Bleach mangas and that I'm not able to buy the manga online.

1. In episode 39 or 40 spoiler[when Shiba Ganjyuu confronts Kuchiki Byakuya, Byakuya seems surprised to know that Ganjyuu is from the Shiba clan. Why is that?]

2. In the hour special episodes of 52 and 53 the spoiler[5th seat of the 11th division says there is something special about his Zanpaktou]. What is it? spoiler[I mean now that the battles are shifting to Byakuya, Genryusai and Soi Fong versus Ichigo, Ukitake and Kyouraku it doesn't seem like they will reveal what is special about the 5th seats zanpaktou].

3. This question also deals with the 5th seat of the 11th division. spoiler[How come he is shown twice in the opening animation at the beginning? He is shown once on his own and again with the cat form of Yoruichi]. Why is he shown again? Does it have any important relevance to the series?

4. Will spoiler[Chad, Ishida, Chad and Ganjyuu fight now that they have been set free by Kenpachi]?

5. spoiler[Will they continue the fight between 11th division Captain Kenpachi and 7th division captian Koumamura]?

6. I just want to confirm this so spoiler[Yoruichi wasn't part of the Gotei 13 right]?

7. What was spoiler[Ukitake sick with]?

8. Will there be an episode that deals with Urahara's backstory? spoiler[I mean I know he's banished along with his group but I need to know why he was banished].

9. This is the last question but spoiler[whats with that Hollow mask that Yoruichi takes from Ichigo]? Does it have any significance later on in the series?

"Believe it!

- IchigoK90
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Couple of answers:

1. spoiler[He's related to the dead vice-captain from Rukia's regiment, and Byakuya is aware of this.]

4. Umm, of course. It sort of goes with the story format.

7. spoiler[Unknown. Not revealed. Could be important, and then again, maybe it's just a plot device without any further significance.].

8. spoiler[Count on it. This is central to the plot of the entire series. And you won't have to wait terribly long.]

9. spoiler[Yes, it's very important indeed.]

- abunai
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Yes, #8-9 are quite important. And as for the Soukyoku spoiler[I don't think it has any more relevance, as the resulting actions within Soul Society get pretty crazy even without it. ] As for Ichimaru and Matsumoto, I don't think there's that much significant, beyond the flashback from that episode. Now, about Tousen Kaname, spoiler[there was a much longer flashback about his friend in the manga, but they cut it very short in ep. 52-53.]

I've often thought about the inevitable licensing of Bleach; I could see ADV going after it, as it would give them a big "flagship series" to draw on. Viz, maybe, but they're releasing other lengthy/epic shows like InuYasha and a certain other Shounen Jump power-charged seemingly endless fighting show:wink:. Funimation might do it, but they seem to be occupied with FMA, Kodocha, and endless releases of Case Closed. But really, it's all open, because any company would want a piece of the action, despite the large-scale fansubbing that has gone on and probably will go on after licensing, as with other popular shows including Inuyasha, One Piece, Naruto, and FMA. [/spoiler]
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
spoiler[Will there be an episode that deals with Urahara's backstory? spoiler[I mean I know he's banished along with his group but I need to know why he was banished]. ]

I believe spoiler[he was banished for creating a giga (temporary body) so good that it would allow a spirit or to become fully human again. This is why they are confused about Rukias after they capture and examine her.]

Quote:
Oh and can anyone explain the scene when spoiler[Rangiku is dreaming in the 5th division's office where she is lying down in a desert (I think) and then she meets Ichimaru Gin? ] I just need to know what happened between Ichimaru and Rangiku? Is it explained in the manga?

They seem to have some prior relationship as spoiler[durring Ichimaru and Hitsugaya's fight she was able to end the fight even though her Zampaku-toh was cracking and Ichimaru probabally could have won against her because of this. Instead he chose to stop and walk away without hurting her. This implies either he has a nasty plan in store for her or he does care about her at least a little. ]
Ohoni

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:00 am Reply with quote
Quote:
That'll be some good info in case they don't explain it in the TV series.

Don't worry about that. So far the anime has been much more detailed than the manga, retaining all the manga's flashbacks and whatnot, and then adding in tons of new ones (for example most of the flashbacks about the Shinigami being in school are original to the anime).

Quote:
I just need to know what happened between Ichimaru and Rangiku? Is it explained in the manga?

I don't remember that scene even being in the manga. There's a hinted relationship in the manga, but I don't think they expanded on it (yet).

Quote:

2. In the hour special episodes of 52 and 53 the spoiler[5th seat of the 11th division says there is something special about his Zanpaktou]. What is it? spoiler[I mean now that the battles are shifting to Byakuya, Genryusai and Soi Fong versus Ichigo, Ukitake and Kyouraku it doesn't seem like they will reveal what is special about the 5th seats zanpaktou].]

I think it just has an "eccentric" function, dangerous, but "magicky", rather than a straight-forward "kill" form like Ichigo, or Aburai's. Apparently he's strong, but in a way that his peers would deem "fruity", so he holds back around them.
Zaraki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:49 am Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:

Quote:

2. In the hour special episodes of 52 and 53 the spoiler[5th seat of the 11th division says there is something special about his Zanpaktou]. What is it? spoiler[I mean now that the battles are shifting to Byakuya, Genryusai and Soi Fong versus Ichigo, Ukitake and Kyouraku it doesn't seem like they will reveal what is special about the 5th seats zanpaktou].]

I think it just has an "eccentric" function, dangerous, but "magicky", rather than a straight-forward "kill" form like Ichigo, or Aburai's. Apparently he's strong, but in a way that his peers would deem "fruity", so he holds back around them.

spoiler[It drains the person of their energy, also seeming to give Yamachiki a sort of "high", so I'm assuming it's at least temporarily transfered to him.]
Azathrael

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:40 am Reply with quote
Wow. What a way to ruin your experience of Bleach... BY YOURSELF. You only have to wait for about 20-30 more episodes until EVERY SINGLE QUESTION of yours is answered. If you're that impatient, go read the manga, which, IMO, is more than 50 episodes ahead.

If you really want to know that much:

spoiler[Captain Aizen's not dead, and he's the boss of all the bad guys, including Ichimaru Gin, and they're half Shinigami half Hollows that take Hougyou or some stupid stone from Kuchiki Rukia and run away to Hollow-world.]
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Azathrael wrote:
Wow. What a way to ruin your experience of Bleach... BY YOURSELF. You only have to wait for about 20-30 more episodes until EVERY SINGLE QUESTION of yours is answered. If you're that impatient, go read the manga, which, IMO, is more than 50 episodes ahead.

If you really want to know that much:

spoiler[Captain Aizen's not dead, and he's the boss of all the bad guys, including Ichimaru Gin, and they're half Shinigami half Hollows that take Hougyou or some stupid stone from Kuchiki Rukia and run away to Hollow-world.]

Ok first things first. Even if I read spoilers it doesn't ruin it for me. All spoilers do is excite me and make me anxious about seeing the newer episodes even more. You're making sound like curiousity is such a bad thing.............though in some cases it is. Idon't know where to get the bleach mangas because its not available in any bookstore/gamestore/comicstore around me and i'm am currently unable to purchase anything online so that puts me in this situation where my curiousity leads me to asking questions. OK?

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Okay I just have this one question or two. Where in the manga is the tv series up to? And how does the tv series stack up to he manga?

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2