• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Witch Hunter Robin DVD v.1 Subtitle Questions

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.Sy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:40 pm Reply with quote
When I play my WHR DVD in the DVD player, the subtitles come out yellow, white, and a mix of other colors. It plays fine on the computer, so I guess it's not such a big deal. Is that something with the DVD player or the disk? (My DVD player is cheap, so the computer might have a better system or something.) Has anyone else had this problem with other DVDs?
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:32 pm Reply with quote
It sounds like the classic probelm of cheap players and DVDs. My old, at the time, which was 2 years ago, $99 Avate DVD player couldn't play some, goofy sound probelms, and color changing subtitles, however some DVDs will work on it, while my other stand alone and PS2 couldn't play it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:06 pm Reply with quote
It's your DVD player. I've played my Vol.1 on my PS2, computer, and three other DVD players, and the subs were always yellow, at least I think so. The lyrics for the for the opening and ending songs might have been different..
.Sy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Ah, thanks. On the computer they're yellow, so it's probably my $30 DVD player. Anime smile + sweatdrop Just checkin'
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1