• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Hellsing on the way?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NightWalker16

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:10 pm Reply with quote
I seem to have read somewhere that a new OVA or TV series continuing Hellsing is in the works. Plus, i also read in the Answerman columns from April a comment that implied a new series. I have yet to view any Hellsing, as I heard that the series has a bad second half. However, if this new installment is real and if it fleshes out the story, I'll be sure to check Hellsing out. Thanks,

NightWalker Very Happy Wink
Sousuke Segari

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:28 pm Reply with quote
yes ther is a new OVA comming some time with in the next year or so. in fact there was an article some were on this site. try the Encyclopedia, look under hellsing.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Actually, look under Hellsing (OAV).

As for the anime itself, I liked it. Sure, the ending was a total train wreck, but the animation, story (for the most part), and especially the music were worth the watch. I'd recommend you at least rent the series (being only 13 episodes, it's not too long at all).
Vash_the_Stamp3d3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:48 pm Reply with quote
I am going to agree with Aoshi aka Tony, the ending was umm yikes..... but everything else about the show was good, good enough for me to buy it. I love the intro, the earlier episodes, and I really liked the english dub for the series.

If you find you really like the series, then buy the manga, which is just spectacular compared to the show, which I believe is where the OVA is going to be taken from... I am not %100 sure.

Rent it first though, I was fortunate enough that a friend bought it before I did so I got to watch the first couple episodes, but I am pretty sure you will like it.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Speaking of the Manga is any more of it going to be released? I thought I read something about Dark Horse having trouble a while ago but that was before I decided to pick up the series so I didn't pay much attention to it. Confused

As for the series it's awesome even with the less than conclusive ending, and if the OVA follows the manga it'll be sweet too. Cool
darkhunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Speaking of the Manga is any more of it going to be released? I thought I read something about Dark Horse having trouble a while ago but that was before I decided to pick up the series so I didn't pay much attention to it. Confused

As for the series it's awesome even with the less than conclusive ending, and if the OVA follows the manga it'll be sweet too. Cool

Not sure what you're talking about, but there's 7 volume out in japan and Dark horse is on the 6th volume with the 7th volume due out in september.

The manga itself is really overpriced though, but luckily I was able to stagged up to volume 5 from estarland.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:48 pm Reply with quote
That's good to know I guess I was just worried because I couldn't find any dates listed for it. I'm new to manga and Hellsing is one of 4 series I'm currently following, so it would suck if I couldn't finish the series due to some unforeseen circumstances.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Since you're pretty new to manga, did you like the manga more or the anime?
Neclord516

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm very glad to hear about this. I am a huge fan of the original series and can't wait for it to continue in the OVA format. I'm hoping it's one of those long OVAs like 13 of them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Since you're pretty new to manga, did you like the manga more or the anime?

Hard to say really, I saw the anime first and it's one of my favorites, but the manga is great also as it has some great characters that weren't in the series and more of Anderson is welcome too. If I had to choose one at the moment it would be the series as I'll wait until I finish the manga to judge it, currently I've read all six volumes released here so far, can't wait for the next one.
lone_samurai

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:39 pm Reply with quote
So when is the new Hellsing said to come out? What will the plot be about this time? And what new charters will join the cast? I just heard about today and I can't wait! Question
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:59 pm Reply with quote
lone_samurai wrote:
So when is the new Hellsing said to come out? What will the plot be about this time? And what new charters will join the cast? I just heard about today and I can't wait! Question

It picks up where the manga left off following the Valentine Brothers' assault. Millennium Arc, vampire Third Reich division, yadda yadda yadda.

Oh yeah...

Rip van Winkle. ^_________________________________^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1