• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Related Anime

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quantumbunny

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
Toaru Majutsu no Index

These anime are Related. One isn't a sequel of the other, but there's numerous character overlap, same town and setting, same continuity, same production company...

In standard terminology, I would almost say the term "spinoff" comes pretty close to how they're related.

They should really be listed as related in some fashion. Is there any precedence for these kinds of shows to be related?
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:26 pm Reply with quote
You might wanna look at this thread.
Quantumbunny

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Thank you. I was trying to find something like that, but I couldn't find a way to search the forum specifically.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:44 am Reply with quote
Quantumbunny wrote:
Thank you. I was trying to find something like that, but I couldn't find a way to search the forum specifically.

Mouse over the forum tab in the upper right-hand portion of the window, and then click the "search" link. Also, the important miscellaneous threads are linked to in the stickied "IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CONTRIBUTORS" announcement.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1