• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Please help me find an anime on the website of its origin.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
videogamer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:37 am Reply with quote
which is unfortunately all in Japanese, but the video is supposed to be there ... somewhere.

Please read ead the last comment in this thread the link below goes to (said comment in that thread is my comment/request for help), as that thread is the news thread regarding the anime in question.
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=986045#986045

Please help me. I really need some help here. Thanks in advance.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:41 am Reply with quote
videogamer wrote:
which is unfortunately all in Japanese, but the video is supposed to be there ... somewhere.

Please read ead the last comment in this thread the link below goes to (said comment in that thread is my comment/request for help), as that thread is the news thread regarding the anime in question.

• Does this link show what you're looking for?
  • and if so, then is the quality what you're looking for?
videogamer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:38 pm Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:
videogamer wrote:

• Does this link show what you're looking for?
  • and if so, then is the quality what you're looking for?

I thank you for your

First of all, I see an MP4 file which is lower quality than the best quality FLV file that exists. I have SF Monogram already in Youtube 480p FLV and it's MUCH MUCH better than your 480p MP4 file. Why. Well it has to do with the compression method used. MP4 uses 8x8 pixel blocks to do a DCT based compression, which results in 8x8 block artifacts in the image. FLV uses some other compression, and GREATLY reduces these artifacts. HD isn't always HD. HD FLV is MUCH BETTER than HD MP4. I already have an HD 480p FLV file for SF Monogram ripped from Youtube using a flash video downloading plugin for Firefox, and so I want the equivalent for the SF First Love video as well. That means I want a pair of videos of equal resolution (480p) and of equal video quality. This can't be achieved unless both are of the same video format (I want it to be FLV as it is better than MP4).

Ultimately, I'm looking for the quality that can ONLY be achieved by going to the official Japanese Louis Vuitton website and using a flash downloading plugin for Firefox to rip the ORIGINAL video from the website. However if someone already has the ORIGINAL video ripped from the site please post it to mediafire nd post the download link here. If not, please help me navigate the official Japanese Louis Vuitton website to find the video on it. I assume due to the popularity of this video, they left it up SOMEWHERE on the site.
But I can't get to the video page on the official Japanese Louis Vuitton website even by following the instructions provided here at animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-04-21/louis-vuitton-murakami-animate-superflat-first-love

Quote:

A trailer of Superflat First Love is available on Louis Vuitton's official website. In the linked page, hover over the bottom to display a menu. Select the "Multicolor Spring Palette" item, and then after the introductory Flash opening, select the "ムービーを見る" button at the bottom.

I can get to the Japanese site, but there is no "Multicolor Spring Palette". I can only make one assumption. That is that they moved the Superflat anime videos in question to some kind of archive page. But the REAL QUESTION is how in the world do I get to the old archived pages on the official Japanese Louis Vuitton website?
If someone can answer that question I'll give you a BIG HUG (pretend I'll hug you through the screen Very Happy )

Last edited by videogamer on Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:47 pm Reply with quote
The post is from 2009?

It is very possible it was completely removed from the site. Hosting a video on a site does cost money and takes up space. So, it's very possible that it was removed. Even big name designers have to save money somewhere. *shrug*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
videogamer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Bento-Box wrote:
The post is from 2009?

It is very possible it was completely removed from the site. Hosting a video on a site does cost money and takes up space. So, it's very possible that it was removed. Even big name designers have to save money somewhere. *shrug*

2 things.

1, It's been VERY popular, and they'd be stupid to remove it. (just my opinion)

2. Do you know of someone who has the ORIGINAL rip of the video on their computer? I mean someone like me who had a flash video downloading plugin for Firefox like I do, but unlike me, was fortunate enough to become aware of the video WHILE it was still at the original site and ripped it as I described above (unlike me who only came to hear about it AFTER it has seemed to disappear from the site)? Someone who could send me a FULL QUALITY ORIGINAL rips of the video if I contacted them. Do you know of such a person? If so please let me know, as they might also have the other video Superflat Monogra, in that ultra high quality as well, and potentially Superflat trailers as well in this ultra high quality.
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Popularity aside... it still costs money to keep on a website for free. Neutral

Also - why is it so important to have the super high quality version of the video? If I knew someone who had it, I'd definitely tell you, but...

your best bet is probably just searching the vast web for what you want. Best of luck to you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:46 pm Reply with quote
There's websites like Babelfish which you can put the URL into and get most of the site translated unless it's a Flash website. There's also Firefox extensions that do the same thing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1