• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation October 2011 Solicitations

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:28 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:11 pm Reply with quote
I remember when Funi announced back in July of 2010 that they'd acquired Rosario + Vampire (among other titles) I was really happy. Of course, that was before I realized it would take them a year and a half to actually release it. I love Funi, I really do, but the lag time between announcing a title and making it available is frankly starting to piss me off.
EpicLotus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Is it generally assumed the two season will come out somewhat apart? I'd hope they wouldn't drop them both on us at the same time, splitting them apart as they are.

Any word what they're planning for the LE on season 1, and if they're planning to do anything LE for s2?
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:52 am Reply with quote
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Echo City should happy now that a set for DTBS2 is out in Oct.

the DTBS2 is the only interest to me in this set. Already have the FMP:TSR singles so I don't need them again, already have all of Initial D, and Witchblade doesn't interest me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:07 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:

I'm assuming the eps. 27-52 is a misprint since DtB2 is only 12 eppies long. I hope the part about the OVAs - presumably the 4 Gaiden OVAs - is accurate. Personally, I didn't dig them much myself, but the completist in me hopes they really are part of the second season release.

Disappointed that there is only one new release in the bunch (at least so far).
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Darker than Black on blu-ray? F**kin' A. Twisted Evil

Makes me think I should hold off and see if they're gonna release the 1st season on blu-ray before I buy it. Think that's gonna happen? It happened with Spice and Wolf, right? Surprised

But wait, Classic Lines/S.A.V.E.'s are supposed to be the final release of that show, so I doubt season 1 will come to blu. Aw, well.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm disappointed Bamboo Blade was apparently a poor seller, but I'm happy it's cheap now. Negima fans are probably freaking out because they think all hopes of getting the OVAs and Movie went down the drain.

They're jumping straight into releasing DBZ Kai again. Though they probably have to because of the discs with plagiarized music.

I'm a little surprised they didn't pull a School Rumble/Slayers and put everything FMP in one collection. With a nice art box that would've been sweet.

I'm curious as to if TSR and Witchblade will get new encodes like Samurai Champloo. Although, SC was probably a different case since Japan is releasing their own BD, and their masters were probably better, and Funi just released those instead of doing their own, new encode.

Sanosuke_Inara wrote:
But wait, Classic Lines/S.A.V.E.'s are supposed to be the final release of that show, so I doubt season 1 will come to blu. Aw, well.

Doesn't mean there can't be a Classics Blu Ray released down the line. It'd make no sense to have Season on DVD only, but Season 2 be on BD. Then again, the Gunslingers Girl Classic is DVD only so far despite all three parts being on BD, so who the hell knows? I don't.
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:54 pm Reply with quote
OMG!! FMP:TSR on blu-ray is being released on the Classic line!

PRAISE HALLELUJAH!

I was so hoping I wouldn't have to resort to the DVD. Now they just need to announce Ouran High School Host Club blu-ray as well, and my relief will be complete.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:05 pm Reply with quote
I assume you're excited for TSR on AC because it'll be cheaper, but back in April you could've gotten it for $14 off of Deep Discount (like I did Twisted Evil ). Gotta keep your eyes peeled, kid.
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:23 pm Reply with quote
I could care less whether or not it's cheaper. I just thought I lost out on the chance to own the blu-ray (for a reasonable price) ever since it went OOP about a month ago. I was hoping for a Classic release, but I wasn't certain if I was going to get one if the BD sold poorly.

I had just been warming myself up to the fact that I'd have to settle for the DVD, and then this news was announced.

Now, I just need confirmation that an Ouran BD Classic release is going to happen as well (I'm not certain though - someone mentioned in another thread that during an ANNCast interview it was mentioned that the BD sold poorly).
Saiki_Thorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:36 pm Reply with quote
I am happy to see Darker Than Black 2 on the list. Very Happy I will definitely be getting the limited edition version.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Scormio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:20 pm Reply with quote
I'll be getting DtB 2, but I already have everything else there that I want >.>

And my monthly "still waiting on index/railgun"...
SDAnimeFan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Only Darker Than Black 2 for me
EricDent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:36 am Reply with quote
Was kind of wondering why it was so hard to find FMP: TSR at the stores. Thought they had rereleased it back when the first season & Fumofuu got a release. Kind of surprising that there was no Classic Line combo set of the entire run of this.

Kind of sad seeing Bamboo Blade on the SAVE thing, but then maybe more people will get it, and see what a fun & cute show it is.

Kind of surprised that the 2nd version of Negima, and not the first version gets the SAVE thing.

Oh, and yet again nothing new about Strike Witches 2...kind of getting a bit worried that it won't get a release this year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3