• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation's Fall Survey Is Live - Hints of 2013 projects.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lheiskell
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Hey, Lance from FUNimation here. How's your Friday? Could you please help me out for a bit and take this survey? I need as many people as possible to take this survey. The bigger the sample size the better.

https://s.zoomerang.com/s/funimationfallsurvey

This survey is SUPER important to us and we appreciate your help.

These answers will shape how we go forward in 2013 and beyond... FOR REALS.

This survey is a little long -about 30 questions, but please stick with it! There's a progress bar up top to keep track.

As a kicker, 10 people will be selected to get 2 DVD/Blu-ray of their choice. You can either keep both or be nice and give one as a present.

If there are other boards you frequent, please start a thread there as well with the survey link. I'd appreciate it.

https://s.zoomerang.com/s/funimationfallsurvey

Sorry I haven't been that active. I still visit and read just don't have as much time to participate.

In this thread, I'll answer some questions today (Friday) while I'm at work and then poke in at night and answer - and the some on the weekend -- why not Smile

Thanks,

Lance Heiskell
Your Friendly Neighborhood FUNimation Guy.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:17 pm Reply with quote
We're way ahead of you, Lance.

P.S.
No sub-only stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:17 pm Reply with quote
There's a thread in the retail section here about this survey if you want to peruse it to see some feedback/comments Lance.
lheiskell
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:20 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
We're way ahead of you, Lance.

P.S.
No sub-only stuff.

My first post beats your first post Wink
lheiskell
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
There's a thread in the retail section here about this survey if you want to peruse it to see some feedback/comments Lance.

But I like it here and I didn't check to see if it was posted elsewhere. Is that ok? Smile
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:27 pm Reply with quote
That's fine. I just figured if you wanted to actually read comments that have already been made then it'd be good to supply a hotlink. Whether or not you read it is your choice Neighborhood FUNimation Guy.
FLEABttn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Lance,

Just because it didn't really fit exactly into the survey but because you did touch on the subject...

I generally wait for Blu-ray releases for series even if you haven't announced a Blu-ray release yet but I think there's a good chance you will in the future. For example, I suspect Deadman Wonderland will get one eventually, so I'm not going to buy it until then. It can sit in queue until Funi says one way or the other.

Thanks
lheiskell
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:01 pm Reply with quote
FLEABttn wrote:
Lance,

Just because it didn't really fit exactly into the survey but because you did touch on the subject...

I generally wait for Blu-ray releases for series even if you haven't announced a Blu-ray release yet but I think there's a good chance you will in the future. For example, I suspect Deadman Wonderland will get one eventually, so I'm not going to buy it until then. It can sit in queue until Funi says one way or the other.

Thanks

Cool. Good to know. Thanks.

Lance
Friendly Getting Ready to go Home FUNimation Dude-guy
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
w00t! Your information has been sent!

... People still say "w00t?" Laughing

I felt a bit guilty hitting the "don't watch streaming anime" button. I did before but it's just far less of a hassle to download the episode and watch it at my leisure without buffering and such. But I like to think I make up for it with all the stuff I buy Laughing So much so that when asked what my first DVD purchase was I honestly couldn't remember.

As far as future releases, I definitely still want dubs. I tend to not buy subbed only titles unless I'm a huge fan of them. I've already watched them in Japanese, so I like buying it for the english because I get a new experience.

I'd also like to see more Blu Ray/DVD combo releases. My computer doesn't have a Blu Ray drive so if I want to quickly rewatch a scene, or take a snapshot, or get a quote for the guessing game, I'm SOL. That's why I tend to keep the fansubbed files for stuff I get on Blu Ray.

I'm not that attached to Blu Ray either. DVDs still look fine to me so I won't get upset if that's the only option. I preordered both Index sets even though they're DVD only. If they were Blu Ray I would have gotten the Blu Rays if the price was right, though.

Hm, what else... Wasn't on the survey, but the unskippable ads at the beginning of your releases can be a pain in the butt at anime club, or when I have to stop without finishing the disk. Still, thank you for only having one of them.

Finally, were there supposed to be hints in the survey? If so they totally went over my head Laughing
Annf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Hm, what else... Wasn't on the survey, but the unskippable ads at the beginning of your releases can be a pain in the butt at anime club, or when I have to stop without finishing the disk. Still, thank you for only having one of them.

Didn't know this was a thing.
Is it just Funi or are other North American localizers doing that too?
I'll add it to my personal list of reasons to buy Japanese-market releases.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Only Funimation does it. It's just a minute or so long trailer for one of their shows whenever you put in a disk. It's not that huge a deal so I wouldn't put it on such a list, though.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:48 pm Reply with quote
I have never, ever run across an unskippable ad on a Funimation disc. Whether it be DVD or BD, or my Xbox or my PC or my BD player, I've never been unable to skip an ad. I've watched DVDs that are 10 years old and ones that are less than a year, and I've never been unable to skip an ad.

The only ones that have been unskippable for me are old CPM DVDs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
murph76

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Unskippable? I hit "Top Menu" on my remote when the FBI warning is on and go straight to the main menu. Some old CPM discs force me to sit through all that, but I've never had a problem bypassing them with FUNimation's product.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:52 pm Reply with quote
When I hit skip or menu I always get an "action prohibited by disc" message =/
FLEABttn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
When I hit skip or menu I always get an "action prohibited by disc" message =/

Would you mind telling us which series/disc? I've either not come across this or not noticed and I'm curious to replicate this at home.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4