• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
To all gun nuts out there.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gumby

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Ah! my goddess episode 5 at 14:31. i sware to god its a poorly drawn type 95. i want to know what a looser is doing with an assault rifle. it seems blown off like it never existed.
RHachicho

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Wow someones got an obsession. The only thing i can possibly think of to say is if your watching AMG for the guns you are probably watching the wrong Anime. Not quite sure weather to treat this post seriously or not. Seems your just messin with us but if your not see above.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Gumby wrote:
Ah! my goddess episode 5 at 14:31. i sware to god its a poorly drawn type 95.

This one?

I don't have A!MG DVD with me at this moment; care to provide a screencap?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:42 pm Reply with quote
There are a number of anime with accurately drawn guns, Gunslinger Girl probably being if not the number one definitely high up the list (in minute detail down to individual parts in some cases)
Éclair's Walther P99 was also accurately depicted in Kiddy Grade, similarly was Lumière's COP 357 (I don't have anything scanned in but there was also a photocopy of a document on it included with the production reference material)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Another popular user of the P99 is Mireille from Noir:

http://www.projectnoir.com/armes/index.shtml

This is the American release's website, but it's pretty old and the actual pistol's image link is broken. But the info is interesting nonetheless.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1