• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
s&s

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoWhatgamegod

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:36 pm Reply with quote
i'm into sword and sorccery anime so give me sum titles please.
i have orphen,berserk so far.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Record of Lodoss War (OAV). By far my favorite fantasy anime. It's like something straight out of a Tolkien novel, or so I hear since I've never read or seen any of his books or movie adaptations Anime catgrin + sweatdrop.

Vampire Hunter D (OAV) is good too. Supernatural stuff (mostly vampires), lots of blood, magic, and the sort. This version in particular was made in 1985, so if old animation is something you don't like then you could try the more recent Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust. The art and animation are excellent, but the story and voice acting are what kept me from really liking it.

Vision of Escaflowne is another great fantasy, but if you don't mind a few mechs you'll probably like it, but don't let that element throw you off. While there are a few mechs, the majority of the show has a mix of sorcery, swordfights, and even a few creatures (dragons, monsters, or whatever).

And finally, I'd like to highly recommend X (TV). There aren't really a lot of "swordfights," but there're a lot of short scenes that utilize what weapon fighting there is and the magic using is very abundant. Great story telling, art, animation, music, voice acting (in both langauges), and everything. My #3 favorite anime of all time.

Good luck! Wink

[edit - please use all the other recommendation threads open for this topic. -b]
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1