• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
To Become an Alchemist

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twilight Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Wouldent it be cool to become an alchemist like Ed? It would be funny. The only thing is that it stink to be a dog of the Miltary. It sounds like fun to me. Heh heh heh, fun to think of
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:25 am Reply with quote
Okay.....

Oh, tonights episode, was that a parody of Inspector Zenigata I saw?
Erufu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:04 am Reply with quote
I totally thought that and was wondering if anybody else did? It kind of seemed like it, but then I was thinking that maybe that's the Japanese perspective of a detective/cop that can't catch who they are after.
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:02 pm Reply with quote
That totally was Zenigata homage. If you looked closely the detective had the Zenigata eyelashes. I actually think the whole ep. was loosley written to pay homage to Lupin. Cause the thief herself would announce when she would steal an item before she did and made a clever get away as well. Maybe the Japanese like their thieves to have that trait.
Shinotaku14
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Well, actualy, this is done in alot of animes. For more examples look at D.N. Angel, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne and Saint Tail(right?). Though I'm not entirely sure where this theme comes from.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Twilight Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:54 pm Reply with quote
They usualy do that to atrackt more vewers. I think thats y? Like they want viewers from different animes to watch. But yeah, its funny about the Zinigata and Lupin thing.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Really? Kind of reminded me of case closed actually. You know Inspector Maguire? Oh wait, just checked, same voice actor. Anyway, that Clara chick was hot as heck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
slickwataris

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:37 pm Reply with quote
And back to the topic. Sure magic is fun.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mitsuhide A.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Being an alchemist would be great but just one thing. Would i have to be a state alchemist in order to be considered an alchemist?
tvgood

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Ya being an Alchemist would be awesome except for the state thing and what if you screw up big time and transmute you arm into to a spoon or something. You know I didn't notice the whole Lupin Zenigata thing tell now.

Last edited by tvgood on Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:16 am Reply with quote
Mitsuhide A. wrote:
Being an alchemist would be great but just one thing. Would i have to be a state alchemist in order to be considered an alchemist?

I'm sure you could be an unlicensed alchemist. I mean, alchemy in this show is just another branch of science and would probably be easy to learn if you find some books or something. Being a state alchemist is just a title that lets you go places and have more authority by way of flashing your fancy looking pocket watch and saying you're Fullmetal.

Personally, if I became a state alchemist, I'd abuse it for the better of the people like Ed, going from run downed town to run downed town, getting rid of garbage lieutenants, and chasing around female catburglers who unzip their leather suits down the middle to expose the transmutation circle between their chests and come on to me after I beat them Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop.

Well, that or try to fix my '86 BMW sitting on the curb in front of our house (piece o' junk Mad..).
Shorty22

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Being a state alchemist is just a title that lets you go places and have more authority by way of flashing your fancy looking pocket watch and saying you're Fullmetal.

Well, 'Fullmetal' is the name that the king/ruler person personally gave to Ed. He's got a little sense of humor... Wink (I love how I paid enough attention to find how where the name came from, but not enough to hear WHO gave it to him)
Erufu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:53 pm Reply with quote
I agree that you don't have to be a state alchemist to be considered an alchemist. All the people that try out for the state are already alchemists in their own right because they have to know so much to even get to the examination.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Shorty22 wrote:
Well, 'Fullmetal' is the name that the king/ruler person personally gave to Ed. He's got a little sense of humor... Wink (I love how I paid enough attention to find how where the name came from, but not enough to hear WHO gave it to him)

Oh. I guess I missed that. I've only seen about half of what's been aired so far, and now I know. Thanks.
Arkard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:07 am Reply with quote
Well, you don`t HAVE to become a national alchemist, but you know... it has it good sides.
- You get acces to the national alchemist library, where only National Alchemists are allowed. I am sure there are very specific books on alchemy there which you would need.
- You get fundings! I mean, being an alchemist can be expensive.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2