• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey admins

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gzmz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Can you please delete this account? I don't use it and it just gets in the way. Thank you.
Gage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Back in September a member made a thread about deleting his account as he/she did not come around ANN much. You can find your information there, which consists of postings stating you should just ignore it, let it be, do not log in as the name anymore if you do not want to. YOU cannot delete your account, Administrators can (I believe). It is preferred you leave your account alone - it will not matter if you leave it be. Nothing will happen. Your posts will just fade away in the archives...
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Look at his post history and his signup date. He registered at this site three and a half years ago. This is his first post ever. My question is why did he even bother? Contact tempest to see what he can do, he is the top man.
Gzmz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:09 pm Reply with quote
I have tried to leave it alone. It's been sitting for quite some time and has still not gone away. I am trying to delete many accounts I have made. That's why I'm not leaving it to jut "die" I don't want it to stick around. Which is why Im asking for it to be deleted.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Gzmz wrote:
I have tried to leave it alone. It's been sitting for quite some time and has still not gone away. I am trying to delete many accounts I have made. That's why I'm not leaving it to jut "die" I don't want it to stick around. Which is why Im asking for it to be deleted.

The usual policy here at ANN seems to be that accounts are only deleted with special permission from tempest, the ANN Editor-in-Chief. Accounts do not get deleted if they haven't been used in a while, or even when a user has received a "permaban". As the Moderator in the linked thread mentioned, even if you "delete" an account the ID is still registered, and that cannot be removed (not easily at least).

I can understand why you may want to sever ties with a site. But really, you didn't have much to begin with (until you made this thread), as until then no-one but the ANN sever even knew you existed. And if the reason your current account is "in the way" is because you wish to make a new one, then do so. Users can have multiple accounts, and if you just quietly made a new one - and never used the old one again - then no-one would be the wiser.
kyoko_ikusawa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:09 am Reply with quote
admins please delete this account .. im planning to create a new account with the same email . please reply to my email once you delete this account thanks . [email protected]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1