• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Elfen Lied questions....

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woodyfly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:22 am Reply with quote
Just finished watching the anime and manga in 2 days and maybe i missed something but i got a few questions...

spoiler[
1. Why couldn't Lucy/Nyu control her unconscious need to kill humans? At the end of the manga, Lucy tries to stop killing people so he can be with Kouta. A minute later, she betrays that promise and kouta realizes she can't stop killing. Also, Lucy/Nyu tries hard to control her unconsciousness from killing Kouta and tells him that they're "dissapearing" fast and he needs to kill her.

This is my biggest concern with the series. Every Diclonii seem to be born to "erase humanity", but if nana was changed by love, then why isn't Lucy being saved by kouta's love?

Is it because it's in a Diclonius' DNA to kill humans no matter what? How come some diclonii like nana can control herself and live normally but lucy can't?

2. Why did the island/research institute suddenly get blown up (the episode where all the diclonii get free)

3. Is lucy is the only original diclonius shown in the series? Are all the other people simply Silpelits?

4. How come there are no male Silpelits?

5. When Lucy inserts her genes into Kuramas head and then mariko is born, does that make her a Diclonius or a silpelit?

6. At the end of the series when nana is at the graveyard with kurama, is that kurama or just a ghost? Does kurama live in the manga?

Aside from that, surprisingly enough i understand the anime's Ending contrary to most people. It holds the same meaning as the manga ending. In the manga, Lucy/Nyu is reborn into those twins.

In the anime, Lucy is shown getting her second horn shot off (symbolizing the end of her murderous unconsciousness) and also the clock starts chiming (symbolizing the start of her new life). With those 2 pieces of symbolism and comparing it with the manga ending, i can assume Lucy/Nyu is also "reborn" in the anime and can enjoy a normal life.

But im still confused about the few details throughout the storyline..
]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1