• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ranma ending [uber spoilers]

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Well, I don't really have enough money to buy all the Ranma books, and I've gotton a little impatient with them anyways, so could someone please tell me if he ever becomes male 24/7/365 again, and what happens between him and Akane?

please use spoilers, I don't want to ruin it for everybody

thanks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
cherry_panda24

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:32 pm Reply with quote
I saw the manga ending online a few years ago I think this was what happened,spoiler[Around the last chapter after Ranma crew finished a fight with some enemy, Ranma wakes up in tux and Akane in a wedding dress, they are gonna get married, everyone is invited and someone brought as a wedding gift the nanichuaan water that turns a person back into a man and so everyone who is cursed tries to make for it and get the water, the wedding gets ruined and on the last page you see Ranma and Akane say," We Off" and its over.]

I could be missing some things but thats how I remember it...
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:59 pm Reply with quote
cool, thanks man.

though why couldn't they have all just spoiler[shared the water?] Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
xjadedragon750x

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:17 pm Reply with quote
WHoa, has Ranma 1/2 ended already? I started lagging behind somewhere in the mid-20th volume.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:17 pm Reply with quote
it ended at like 36 or something, didn't it?

I gues we could check the encyclopedia... Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

EDIT: there are 38 volumes, according to the good ol' ANN Encyclopedia
Selfia-chan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:47 pm Reply with quote
I thought that it ended likespoiler[a regular day, Ranma and Akane just went back to school the next day and things were just normal]
apple pro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:31 pm Reply with quote
i think:
spoiler[if i remember correctly, happosai thinks the ninichuan is liqour and drinks the whole thing. they go off together to school as usual. their status not changed much beyond they know they care about each other. (which in volume 24, they already hold hands)]

i thought that was not great way to end it.
Gauss

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:32 pm Reply with quote
BoygetsfireD wrote:

though why couldn't they have all just spoiler[shared the water?]

Well, apparently spoiler[the water could only help one person before losing its effect]. Or at least that's what people presumed, hence the mad scramble.

And in case anybody is still a tiny bit unsure, spoiler[at the end Ranma still turns into a girl when splashed with cold water. Not that he's too upset, he tells Akane he has come to accept his girl-type side]. Th-a-a-at's all folks.
apple pro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Gauss wrote:

And in case anybody is still a tiny bit unsure, spoiler[at the end Ranma still turns into a girl when splashed with cold water. Not that he's too upset, he tells Akane he has come to accept his girl-type side]. Th-a-a-at's all folks.

which i think is dumb, because he can't see his mom

the driving force for the entire series is he wants to change back, now in the last story he has accepted it? WTF?!

anyway, this series used to be my most favorite but i stopped buying them after i lost some enthusiasm. has rumiko takahashi quit doing that INUYASHA thing yet? i always felt wierd that schoolgirl falling for a damn demon. i'd prefer she start on another project before she gets too old.
Kinkotsuman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Too old to do what, think up a story and draw it? If age ever affects her drawing skills, Takahashi-sama would surely hire an assistant of some sort.

And by the way spoiler[by the end of Ranma 1/2, Ranma has finally met his mother face to face and she is pretty much okay with his curse]
apple pro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:20 am Reply with quote
oh cool to hear that, i'm only up to 24/25

anyway, i would prefer she take up another maison ikkoku type story instead of something historical like inuyasha

and i'm afraid her stories will be from the standpoint of an old lady who hasn't been keeping up with the times.
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:51 am Reply with quote
well, thanks to everybody for telling me the ending Smile

Does Takahashi have any anime/manga that don't go on forever?
Kinkotsuman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:27 am Reply with quote
Maison Ikkoku is only 15 volumes...

Then there's Mermaid Saga (4 volumes) and One Pound Gospel (3 volumes and counting), plus all the various single-chapter stories she's written over her career (Maris the Chojo, Fire Tripper, Laughing Target, etc)...

Oh, and there's this 5-chapter thingy from her early days called Dust Spurt (or Wasted Minds) which was about two teens working for a secret service thingy...
DoubleWide

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:37 am Reply with quote
Here's what I'd do, Ranma tracks down Dende and A) has the Dragon remove the cruse of the Springs and B) Cure all the people who have been cursed. But that's just me. Razz
rei_iii

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:34 am Reply with quote
Inu Yasha dragged way too long. The anime should have run for 2 or 3 seasons; and the manga should be scaled to that length. Naraku should just die already Evil or Very Mad

Ranma is an episodic slapstic comedy; so, the more the better Smile As long as the material stays fresh.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2