• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: K-On! Anime's 2nd Season Officially Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirikiri23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:28 pm Reply with quote
K-on needs an endless 8 of it's own
taster of pork

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully their will be more music in this season. After the concert at the end of the first I was kind of bummed that they didn't do more concerts.
Kirikiri23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:49 pm Reply with quote
taster of pork wrote:
Hopefully their will be more music in this season. After the concert at the end of the first I was kind of bummed that they didn't do more concerts.

they have character cds with original songs
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Dear God in heaven, it's me Kanjii. Let there be another Endless Eight type of thing in K-On.

I'm really not surprised. I don't care for K-On. It had so much promise. A bunch of girls who are in a band? Cool! But they decided to put so much useless moe and "beach" episodes that I was disgusted by it at the end.
Kirikiri23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:05 pm Reply with quote
KanjiiZ wrote:
Dear God in heaven, it's me Kanjii. Let there be another Endless Eight type of thing in K-On.

I'm really not surprised. I don't care for K-On. It had so much promise. A bunch of girls who are in a band? Cool! But they decided to put so much useless moe and "beach" episodes that I was disgusted by it at the end.

.......Your name isn't really kanji is it?
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:25 pm Reply with quote
God no, it's Art, I don't think there's anyone who's parents hated them enough to name them that. It just wouldn't feel right using my full name, you know?
boredandlazy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Splitter wrote:
boredandlazy wrote:
Geez, some of you people really need to take the chips out of your shoulders...
It's just a simple, fun show to watch... Just like there have been countless of since anime began.
Feel fee to not like it, but calling it the death of anime or anything similar is just pathetic.

Don't silence us if you yourself think you have a right to your opinion as well.

K-ON! is simple, but I didn't find it fun because for the most part it was incredibly boring. There have been many slice-of-life moe series before it that have more interesting characters, stronger relationships, and more notable day-to-day activities, and yet they got less than half the notability and praise than something like K-ON! does. Pardon me for not liking a series that half-asses everything and still gets more praise than similar works that do far more with what they have.

As I already said, people don't have to like K-ON!, but they don't need to be so melodramatic about it either.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Kirikiri23 wrote:
K-on needs an endless 8 of it's own

I kind of have a feeling the 2nd season is going to feel exactly like that, if you know what I mean Razz .
Yeah, I don't see K-On! doing much more than it did in the 1st season. Count me out of S2, 1 season was enough. But for the fans, well, enjoy! Wink
Vicserr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:36 pm Reply with quote
boredandlazy wrote:
Splitter wrote:
boredandlazy wrote:
Geez, some of you people really need to take the chips out of your shoulders...
It's just a simple, fun show to watch... Just like there have been countless of since anime began.
Feel fee to not like it, but calling it the death of anime or anything similar is just pathetic.

Don't silence us if you yourself think you have a right to your opinion as well.

K-ON! is simple, but I didn't find it fun because for the most part it was incredibly boring. There have been many slice-of-life moe series before it that have more interesting characters, stronger relationships, and more notable day-to-day activities, and yet they got less than half the notability and praise than something like K-ON! does. Pardon me for not liking a series that half-asses everything and still gets more praise than similar works that do far more with what they have.

As I already said, people don't have to like K-ON!, but they don't need to be so melodramatic about it either.

And the thing is that the release of moe/loli blob shows like K-on and their ilk are a signal that the Japanese are burning the bridges to the international fanbase because of failures on both sides of the Pacific and just get support from the Creepy NEET otaku horde that pay the outrageous prices that dvds/blu rays and ancillary merch they can pump out, but with the current economic situation, how long that will hold out. There's already a massive drain of talent because of the pittance animators are getting paid. The show might get released in the US but following the Sub only formula because this wont appeal to the Standard John/Jane Anime Fan.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
lolque

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:40 pm Reply with quote
I didn't hate the show, but I didn't rank it at the top of my 2009 list either. The animation was great and it was a good time-killer. However, I would rather have Kyoto Animation hold off on the sequel for a few months so that they could put all their effort into the Haruhi movie.
taster of pork

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Kirikiri23 wrote:
taster of pork wrote:

I'm aware of that. I just think the series would have been a little better if it had more music in it.
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:09 pm Reply with quote
I believe the songs came out after the anime aired.
Kirikiri23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:10 pm Reply with quote
taster of pork wrote:
Kirikiri23 wrote:
taster of pork wrote:

I'm aware of that. I just think the series would have been a little better if it had more music in it.

Just though you wanted to hear mio sing like the rest of us
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:34 am Reply with quote
With all the music on this, it's going to be expensive to license this one, and why is this seemingly tainted with Haruhism? Can't it stand on its own? This has got Nozomi, or MB written all over it. Not that I care as it's not my cuppa anyway. Just adding my tupence to the pot.
W-General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:17 am Reply with quote
KyoAni...my.......Full.....Metal..... Panic....where................(loses consciousness)....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7