• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johan Eriksson 9003

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:34 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
No one said, everyone was one note, just that there wasn't enough of them to make a difference. The Falmuth army was there to commit murder, rape, torture, and in the end, genocide. I feel no need to feel sorry for them or care about them that much. They knew what they and their fellow soldiers were going to do.

You're backtracking again. @everydaygamer made the point that it was unrealistic to make the entire Falmuth army irredeemably evil and you tried to counter with "well there are many real-world examples of irredeemably evil armies". That is 100% you saying that everyone in the army is that one-note. The real point here is once again that you are making allusions to real-world history to justify your take, and the "real-world facts" you try to pull from are just non-existent.

You also keep falling back on the "well I don't feel anything for bad people" argument which just highlights how juvenile your perspective really is because this is not about you or how you feel. It is about recognizing that even bad people are still people and that they have certain inalienable rights, even in a conflict that they started. I don't need to feel anything for a bunch of flat animated characters that I know next-to-nothing about. I can still understand that killing them after they have already surrendered is still a war crime, that war crimes are always bad, and that the MC who committed this war crime should be held accountable for it in some way. The point is that bad things are bad no matter who does them or to whom it is done. "Well they should lose their human rights if they are bad enough according to my own arbitrary standards" is a morally reprehensible stance. Period.

Quote:
No one feels sorry for the Nazi's, the Imperial Japanese army, the soldiers of Myanmar, the Hutu's, Pol Pot, the North Korean government, and the Serbian soldiers. i am sure I have forgotten some from the last 70 years or so. All a devil's brew of evil.

Again, you really like to project your own opinions onto real-history because this is 100% false. There have been countless people who understood that a lot of members in these groups were coerced or mislead into joining up and feel bad for them because they can understand that people are complicated and no one is immune to propaganda. It is true that none of that matters in a life-or-death situation where it is kill or be killed, but it absolutely matters when they have surrendered and the danger is over.

Quote:
I am sure I wouldn't want to be one of the few soldiers in the Falmuth army that actually had a soul. That I would have to stand by an watch the rapine, torture, and murder of all the women and children, you know 'genocide'. Yet, if I was indeed there and was not killing my fellow soldiers in a gleeful raging insane rampage, to punish them for destroying my soul, then I would deserve to die. A good person could never go home, because how could you look your family in the eye.

Drop the pretentious language Shakespeare. It doesn't make you sound any smarter than all of your inaccurate references to history.

It is all well and good to hold people to a moral standard, and it is certainly true that you are a bad person if you go along with genocide or war-crimes no matter what your reasons are, but that doesn't mean that complicating factors like being conscripted under the threat of death, economic coercion or false propaganda ceases to exist and should be considered. Again, people are complicated and no one has the right to decide who "deserves" to die. That is why we have these rules in war to begin with and it doesn't matter how much you disagree with them.

Mostly though, I am fascinated by how utterly hypocritical this entire line of thinking is. Because holding people to a moral standard is basically the entire base for people thinking Rimuru has crossed a line into full-blown evil here. Good people do not commit [expletive] war crimes, no matter how righteous they may feel, but whenever someone suggests that this should apply to Rimuru you can't stop listing off all the circumstances that supposedly make his soul ok.

Quote:
Also, there is a difference between civilians and soldiers, a big difference.

Not really, you don't stop being human when you join the army. I know you have trouble with this concept, but civilians are not the only ones who have rights in a war.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:44 am Reply with quote
Johan Eriksson 9003 wrote:

Quote:
Also, there is a difference between civilians and soldiers, a big difference.

Not really, you don't stop being human when you join the army. I know you have trouble with this concept, but civilians are not the only ones who have rights in a war.

Also there are a lot of situations where the line between combatant and civilian becomes murky at best.
a_Bear_in_Bearcave

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:16 am Reply with quote
Sven Viking wrote:

I just mean, in the anime’s case you might be 100% correct, but in real life telling people to slaughter in cold blood without guilt has more often been used to instigate genocides than prevent them. At the least it’s a very dangerous mindset to get people into.

The fact that in fiction we are often able to see not only actions but also reasoning of the characters makes big difference in how we judge morality. In real life, many people will agree that's it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer, and so we craft our laws accordingly, but in fiction we often know with 100% certainty who the guilty person is, which is why we can cheer for e.g. parent of murdered kid getting revenge on murderer that avoided punishment on technicality.

You're backtracking again. @everydaygamer made the point that it was unrealistic to make the entire Falmuth army irredeemably evil and you tried to counter with "well there are many real-world examples of irredeemably evil armies". That is 100% you saying that everyone in the army is that one-note. The real point here is once again that you are making allusions to real-world history to justify your take, and the "real-world facts" you try to pull from are just non-existent.

I think there is a point in that there's gradation about how we feel about citizens of Dresden, Tokyo or Hiroshima being bombed - even if they weren't war crimes, everybody agrees it was a horrible tragedy of war when talking about those civilians, soldiers of "non-evil" armies - people will accept their death more easily, but still talk about tragedy of World War 1's trench warfare enormous war casualties, or maybe about Red Army defending from Nazi offensive, but who bothers to talk about large casualties of Wehrmacht or Japanese army during WW2? Sure, it's generally acknowledged they still have rights, but caring about those rights tend to be on lower priority.
I mentioned Nazi officials hiding in South America assassinated by Mossad. Ideally they would be given fair trials, but without that option can you really argue that their murder was immoral? Right of justice for their victims triumph any consideration of their own rights for me.

You also keep falling back on the "well I don't feel anything for bad people" argument which just highlights how juvenile your perspective really is because this is not about you or how you feel. It is about recognizing that even bad people are still people and that they have certain inalienable rights, even in a conflict that they started. I don't need to feel anything for a bunch of flat animated characters that I know next-to-nothing about. I can still understand that killing them after they have already surrendered is still a war crime, that war crimes are always bad, and that the MC who committed this war crime should be held accountable for it in some way. The point is that bad things are bad no matter who does them or to whom it is done. "Well they should lose their human rights if they are bad enough according to my own arbitrary standards" is a morally reprehensible stance. Period.

Mostly though, I am fascinated by how utterly hypocritical this entire line of thinking is. Because holding people to a moral standard is basically the entire base for people thinking Rimuru has crossed a line into full-blown evil here. Good people do not commit [expletive] war crimes, no matter how righteous they may feel, but whenever someone suggests that this should apply to Rimuru you can't stop listing off all the circumstances that supposedly make his soul ok.

Laws of human societies are mostly based on what people of given society feels is just and right, so falling back on one's own feeling as moral compass isn't that weird. Moreover, there's aspect of not only revenge but restoration to the victims in this situation that you ignore. I already acknowledged that it's a contrived solution of "trolley-fying" the situation to make Rimuru look good, but that doesn't mean you can ignore it. The action Rimuru took restored to hundred innocent civilian victims the most important right and righted great wrong. It was at the cost of life of those who committed this crime or unambiguously intended to commit further crimes of genocide. Comparing outcomes where victims stay dead but the army tasked with genocide stay alive, and one when army is annihilated but victims have their life restored, I would say the latter one is more just and therefore Rimuru's action can be considered moral, especially from the perspective of the victims themselves or their loved ones.
Edit: That doesn't mean I think sparing the army would be immoral - it's a question of conflicting rights, and I don't think anybody can truly say who there deserves to live or die or stay dead. Both outcomes are both moral and immoral in some ways.
This is a perspective that I feel you ignore - that human (or monster) rights might clash sometimes, and peace and lack of bloodshed can sometimes be achieved through ignoring some unfortunate victims, who do not have to agree with the peaceful resolution being most moral option. There's example of peace talks with groups like FARC, or Pinochet's junta, or possible Taliban peace deal, which can be both treated as morally good in aggregate and, especially by victims, as denial of justice.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:32 am Reply with quote
All those I referred to, are recognized universally as evil. Just because there are some good people sprinkled in there doesn't make that any different.

I just finished rereading the light novels from the beginning to the present time. I haven't caught up to the Day of Ruin in the anime yet. But I will assume that a lot of what Rimuru was thinking in the light novel, just didn't show up in the anime. Another problem is that we are just the audience, so we don't feel the loss, like Rimuru feels.

We all know what the Falmuth soldiers were going to do and what they did already. Even Falmuth's otherworlders were just as bad, killing women and children. spoiler[The light novel seems to imply that when it comes to summoning, you kinda get what you are.]

We can believe that the Falmuth forces are irredeemably evil, while also acknowledging that there are some good people, trapped by circumstance, in those forces. As hard a choice they had, they could have let their country kill them for not participating in the war, tried to flee their country with their family, or continue to participate in a genocidal cleansing. When they crossed the border, they chose their fate. Not having good choices, is not having no choice at all.
Johan Eriksson 9003

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:16 pm Reply with quote
a_Bear_in_Bearcave wrote:
Sven Viking wrote:

I just mean, in the anime’s case you might be 100% correct, but in real life telling people to slaughter in cold blood without guilt has more often been used to instigate genocides than prevent them. At the least it’s a very dangerous mindset to get people into.

The fact that in fiction we are often able to see not only actions but also reasoning of the characters makes big difference in how we judge morality. In real life, many people will agree that's it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer, and so we craft our laws accordingly, but in fiction we often know with 100% certainty who the guilty person is, which is why we can cheer for e.g. parent of murdered kid getting revenge on murderer that avoided punishment on technicality.

This part wasn't directed at me but I am going to answer it anyway because it is relevant to my parts as well.

It is true that in fiction you can make someone's guilt as obvious as you want, and in the case of the Falmuth army we are meant to see that the entire group is made up of monsters who just can't wait to do horrible things to the innocent monsters who love there. The issue here is that even if we accept that all of these soldiers are as bad as that scene suggests, we can still recognize that an entire army who is this cartoonishly evil is completely unrealistic. This is why I made a distinction in my earlier post about discussing this from a moral perspective and a writing perspective. From a writing perspective, having this army be nothing but guilty monsters is bad because it breaks immersion and shows us the hand of the author. It is so obviously forced to make us ignore the moral implications of what Rimuru is doing. And it doesn't even work because no one with half a brain cell would ever accept that an entire army of 20 000 could be that uniformly evil. It just doesn't work.

From a moral perspective we also have to consider that while we as the audience can get see these scenes and deduce through meta-knowledge that the entire army is guilty, Rimuru does not have that knowledge, and therefore it does not really count when discussing his moral character. He straight up didn't care if the entire army was guilty of planning genocide or if there were some among them who were there because they were coerced or mislead, and he still murdered all the people who surrendered, which is evil no matter how guilty the surrendering soldiers are.

Quote:
I think there is a point in that there's gradation about how we feel about citizens of Dresden, Tokyo or Hiroshima being bombed - even if they weren't war crimes, everybody agrees it was a horrible tragedy of war when talking about those civilians, soldiers of "non-evil" armies - people will accept their death more easily, but still talk about tragedy of World War 1's trench warfare enormous war casualties, or maybe about Red Army defending from Nazi offensive, but who bothers to talk about large casualties of Wehrmacht or Japanese army during WW2? Sure, it's generally acknowledged they still have rights, but caring about those rights tend to be on lower priority.
I mentioned Nazi officials hiding in South America assassinated by Mossad. Ideally they would be given fair trials, but without that option can you really argue that their murder was immoral? Right of justice for their victims triumph any consideration of their own rights for me.

How is that relevant to the discussion here? We aren't talking about people who have been judged guilty in their absence and escaped justice, we are talking about an entire army of people who Rimuru knew nothing about save the basics and decided to murder down to the last man for his own selfish gains and to prove a point. The two are nothing alike.

Quote:
Laws of human societies are mostly based on what people of given society feels is just and right, so falling back on one's own feeling as moral compass isn't that weird.

If your "moral compass" tells you: "This thing that is condemned by the international community should be ok actually" then your moral compass isn't worth shit. Again, I do not give a shit about how people "feel" about this. Some things are wrong, period.

Quote:
Moreover, there's aspect of not only revenge but restoration to the victims in this situation that you ignore. I already acknowledged that it's a contrived solution of "trolley-fying" the situation to make Rimuru look good, but that doesn't mean you can ignore it. The action Rimuru took restored to hundred innocent civilian victims the most important right and righted great wrong. It was at the cost of life of those who committed this crime or unambiguously intended to commit further crimes of genocide. Comparing outcomes where victims stay dead but the army tasked with genocide stay alive, and one when army is annihilated but victims have their life restored, I would say the latter one is more just and therefore Rimuru's action can be considered moral, especially from the perspective of the victims themselves or their loved ones.

So much to unpack here.

1) I can absolutely ignore it because it is not relevant. You don't get to commit more wrongs to undo a previous wrong. Especially when all you really get is a minuscule chance of getting back what was lost. War crimes are evil no matter how "good" you think your reasons are.

2) There is no "more important" right when it comes to life. You can only take a life in the immediate defense of another, not to get back what has already been lost. If you treat human lives as currency with some being worth "less" than others you are evil.

3) Building on that, he killed 20 000 people to resurrect less than 100. This was not some grand balancing of the scales. He brought far more misery into the world than he took out. That makes him evil.

4) He did not do this by killing "those who committed this crime". The ones who killed the citizens of Tempest were the advance-force, the otherworlders and the king & priest who ordered this whole thing. The vast majority of the army had nothing to do with that initial crime. They would undoubtedly have committed further crimes against Tempest if they hadn't been stopped, but that is a separate issue.

5) Rimuru only "needed" about 10 000 souls to start his ritual and get his people back. He killed the other half to prove a point and because he didn't care about the nuance of judging an entire army. No matter how you slice it, he is evil.

Quote:
Edit: That doesn't mean I think sparing the army would be immoral - it's a question of conflicting rights, and I don't think anybody can truly say who there deserves to live or die or stay dead. Both outcomes are both moral and immoral in some ways.
This is a perspective that I feel you ignore - that human (or monster) rights might clash sometimes, and peace and lack of bloodshed can sometimes be achieved through ignoring some unfortunate victims, who do not have to agree with the peaceful resolution being most moral option. There's example of peace talks with groups like FARC, or Pinochet's junta, or possible Taliban peace deal, which can be both treated as morally good in aggregate and, especially by victims, as denial of justice.

So let's say that some human sorcerer discovered a spell that could bring back at least some of the people Rimuru killed, and all it would take is sacrificing a few high-level monsters, would they then be justified in killing Rimuru and his inner circle?

Of course they wouldn't. Because morality doesn't work like that. It is precisely because no one has the right to decide who has the right to live, die or stay dead that Rimuru's actions are morally reprehensible, because he did do exactly that instead of accepting that something horrible happened and moving on by meeting out punishment where it was warranted. You can argue until you turn blue whether he did something good along the way and whether he is better or worse than the people he killed, but the fact remains that what he did still puts him far below the bar of "decent person". And when discussing his moral character, that is really the only bar that matters.

TarsTarkas wrote:
All those I referred to, are recognized universally as evil. Just because there are some good people sprinkled in there doesn't make that any different.

I'm going to add "universal" to the list of things you do not understand because the existence of exceptions do in fact make it "not universal". It is also different from "irredeemable" which is what we were discussing before. Nice attempt at moving the goalpost.

Anyways, the Nazis and other groups were evil. They believed in evil things and they did evil things because of it. They were evil, period. No one has ever said anything different and it is not really relevant to the discussion. Why? Because even though they were evil that did not invalidate their inherent humanity and therefore their reasons for being evil were still complicated and nuanced, which also meant that people who were not evil had to treat them as human beings even while actively fighting them. This was true in WWII and it has been true in every conflict in world history. You do not get to dehumanize someone even if they are evil.

Quote:
I just finished rereading the light novels from the beginning to the present time. I haven't caught up to the Day of Ruin in the anime yet. But I will assume that a lot of what Rimuru was thinking in the light novel, just didn't show up in the anime. Another problem is that we are just the audience, so we don't feel the loss, like Rimuru feels.

Don't care. We aren't talking about the light-novels.

Quote:
We all know what the Falmuth soldiers were going to do and what they did already. Even Falmuth's otherworlders were just as bad, killing women and children. spoiler[The light novel seems to imply that when it comes to summoning, you kinda get what you are.]

Again, not only are we talking about way more people than just the otherworlders here, it also doesn't matter how evil the enemy is. If you don't fight by the rules, you are committing a war crime, which makes you evil.

Quote:
We can believe that the Falmuth forces are irredeemably evil, while also acknowledging that there are some good people, trapped by circumstance, in those forces. As hard a choice they had, they could have let their country kill them for not participating in the war, tried to flee their country with their family, or continue to participate in a genocidal cleansing. When they crossed the border, they chose their fate. Not having good choices, is not having no choice at all.

Is it too much to ask that you stop cherry-picking my arguments? You just keep repeating the same edgelord talking points like "they chose their fates" over and over again without ever addressing any of my points against them. It doesn't matter if you think they should accept the consequences of joining the army or that they should martyr themselves by refusing a royal decree. None of that absolves Rimuru of his moral responsibility. None of it removes the fact that he could choose not to murder surrendering combatants but didn't.

Thank you for reminding me why I dropped out of here in the first place. There is no arguing with people whose only response to every situation is "well I think they deserved to die so there".
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:49 pm Reply with quote
I mention it because it's what they did. The Falmuth army chose to commit genocide and all those other evil things that goes along with it. They murdered civilian women and children. So I believe they deserve their fate.

Rimuru doesn't live in our modern world. He lives in a world where the main religion commits genocide and has it's paladins murder the innocent (along with the guilty). A world where many soldiers look forward to looting, raping, torture, and murder.

We are not going to agree, and that's all right.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:58 am Reply with quote
If you're a good guy you don't get to do the same things as the bad guys, regardless of who you're targetting.
If you act like a baddie, you're the baddie.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Not everyone here thinks that Rimuru "acted like a bad guy." I don't.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Yuvelir wrote:
If you're a good guy you don't get to do the same things as the bad guys, regardless of who you're targetting.
If you act like a baddie, you're the baddie.

I understand what you are saying, but I just think you are being unfair to Rimuru. He no longer lives in our modern society. As the Dwarven King mentions, this is a world built on strength. You see it in the monsters and the demon lords.

It is hard to feel sorry or empathy to a Church that practices genocide, has it Paladins murder the innocent and the guilty as it suits their needs. Even more so the Falmuth forces who kill women and children and plan to commit genocide, and all the other atrocities that happen during these types of war. They are even planning to loot and kill the Blumuth merchants when they flee the city.

Rimuru and Tempest has done none of those things. He just killed all the soldiers invading his land, without mercy. When placed on a scale of things, I believe the Church and Falmuth will be on the bottom and Rimuru on the top.

You can have the last word, I don't think the mods want us to drag this on anymore, and I am not going to say anymore.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:19 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
I understand what you are saying, but I just think you are being unfair to Rimuru. He no longer lives in our modern society. As the Dwarven King mentions, this is a world built on strength. You see it in the monsters and the demon lords.

A world of difference won't save Rimuru from my moral judgement!
I have no qualms putting the church, the king and his cronies well below Rimuru in their morality, they ARE way worse than Rimuru in every conceivable way. But in a scale from goodie to baddie I'll still put both below the 'neutral' line.

Killing for own benefit, killing more than strictly necessary, killing multitudes, killing those who have surrendered and treating lives like a mere statistic are all things that baddies do. Bonus multiplier if there's no hesitation or remorse.
So Rimuru is a baddie.
Johan Eriksson 9003

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
Not everyone here thinks that Rimuru "acted like a bad guy." I don't.

We know. That's the problem. Slaughtering soldiers who have surrendered is a bad thing to do. Period. It is not something that is up for debate.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:47 pm Reply with quote
I don't think so. You don't want to debate it because it is a matter of opinion, not fact. You're trying to say something is objectively true under all circumstances. *If* that were the case, then yes, that would be a problem. I don't think that's the case. I think you *want* it to be the case, which isn't the same thing at all. You can appeal to modern international norms (which I don't agree apply here anyway), but that still doesn't make it objectively true, it just means a lot of people agree with you.

I don't mind if you want to state that you feel what Rimuru did was a horrendous and evil thing, a terrible atrocity that should be condemned by anyone with a modicum of civility and good conscience. But when you try to turn that into an *objective* statement, then we have a problem, because I don't think you have any basis for putting things in those terms.

I can understand if you, or people in general, feel disgusted or disappointed (or both) over what Rimuru did. But implying that no one has the right to feel any differently, or that other points of view are utterly without merit to the point of "not something that is up for debate" is taking things too far. We all have our own opinions regarding the morality of what happened and rationale for them. I'm not saying they're all equally valid, but they all have the right to be heard, IMO.
Johan Eriksson 9003

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
I don't think so. You don't want to debate it because it is a matter of opinion, not fact. You're trying to say something is objectively true under all circumstances. *If* that were the case, then yes, that would be a problem. I don't think that's the case. I think you *want* it to be the case, which isn't the same thing at all. You can appeal to modern international norms (which I don't agree apply here anyway), but that still doesn't make it objectively true, it just means a lot of people agree with you.

I don't mind if you want to state that you feel what Rimuru did was a horrendous and evil thing, a terrible atrocity that should be condemned by anyone with a modicum of civility and good conscience. But when you try to turn that into an *objective* statement, then we have a problem, because I don't think you have any basis for putting things in those terms.

I can understand if you, or people in general, feel disgusted or disappointed (or both) over what Rimuru did. But implying that no one has the right to feel any differently, or that other points of view are utterly without merit to the point of "not something that is up for debate" is taking things too far. We all have our own opinions regarding the morality of what happened and rationale for them. I'm not saying they're all equally valid, but they all have the right to be heard, IMO.

Sorry, but no. Sometimes there is no subjective opinion worth a damn. This is a mindset that holds society back because it assumes that a debate can never be over. There is always going to be some asshole who says "Well, I know this is a debate that has gone on for generations and now, after history has proven again and again that one side is unquestionably right, society as a whole has finally come to an agreement that makes the world better, but I haven't given my two cents on it yet so it doesn't count". Revisiting the same debunked talking points, again and again is not moving the debate forward.

The issue of whether it is right to kill surrendered enemy combatants is connected to the simple unalienable concept of human rights. All people, no matter how reprehensible in disposition and action, have some inherent worth and people are too complicated to be judged as a group. The issue of self-defense and war complicates that matter which is why we have agreed that it is only acceptable to take a life in the event that it is absolutely necessary to defend another. That means that there has to be either a war or an imminent threat going on. The second a soldier surrenders they are no longer a threat and killing them becomes murder.

If someone wants to repeat objective falsehoods they better be prepared to be called out on them as well.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:23 pm Reply with quote
@Johan Eriksson 9003

Well, you are probably going to be spoiler[disappointed with the ongoing story from that point, then.]
JBAnime

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:17 pm Reply with quote
As someone who only watched the anime, I had a few questions that came to mind after finishing the first cour:
First, how did Souei and the other spies notice the soldiers from Falmuth but not the magic devices used to create the outer barrier? Couldn't they have stopped that before-hand?
Second, on that same note, where was Treyni and the other dryads during all this? I don't remember seeing any of them after the first episode. I realize their priority is the forest, but they swore allegiance to Rimuru as well.
Third, why was the Moderate Harlequin group featured in the OP, yet did not make an appearance at all?
Finally, how much did Rimuru think through this demon lord plan? It's going to be difficult to convince Dwargon and Blumund to keep alliances with a nation ruled by a demon lord that just killed 20,000 humans, whether or not it was justified. Also, so much for visiting his students in Ingrassia. That conversation will be awkward. "Sensei, why did you kill 20,000 humans and become a demon lord?"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 29 of 45