• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Build Fighters TV Anime's 2nd Promo Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:56 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I don't actually expect them to do it, I know it's a huge money maker. It's just that creatively, they haven't done anything worthwhile with Gundam aside from Unicorn for a long time.

Other than being an animation showcase, Unicorn is nothing particularly special as UC Gundam goes.
YamadaKun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
I don't actually expect them to do it, I know it's a huge money maker. It's just that creatively, they haven't done anything worthwhile with Gundam aside from Unicorn for a long time.

Other than being an animation showcase, Unicorn is nothing particularly special as UC Gundam goes.

Other than amazing voice acting, plot, music, art and character designs, going back to basics, awesome characters. Yeah, nothing special. If all you want is an artfest, go watch Gundam 0083. Amazing art and animation, but horrible voice acting, plot, characters, everything. This is the best OVA since 0080.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Unicorn has the same damn plot and characters every other major UC show has.

Its literally "Been there, did that, and it was 1983 at the time"
Crispy45

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:23 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Well... was there anything wrong with what I said? We HAVE gone from life-and-death battles (Gundam AGE) to kids playing VR with nothing serious on the line (it's a GunPla tournament). Unless there's some major twist along the line, there will be no real threat in this show. In YuGiOh, at least there WAS the threat of death in some of the duels.

How do you know it won't be like YGO? >_> People said the same thing about Zexal then the second episode we get Astral introducing the Numbers and all the death duels over capturing the numbers and it pretty much became the darkest series of the franchise x_x
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Well I mean yeah Unicorn has pretty much a very typical Gundam story and characters. I'm not sure what else you would expect from a UC show that's basically an epilogue to the entire One Year War story.

But it's executed really well on all fronts. Unlike say 0083 where the story and characters are godawful. Unicorn is basically the full package when it comes to classic Gundam and well that hasn't been delivered in quite a while.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Well I mean yeah Unicorn has pretty much a very typical Gundam story and characters. I'm not sure what else you would expect from a UC show that's basically an epilogue to the entire One Year War story.

But it's executed really well on all fronts. Unlike say 0083 where the story and characters are godawful. Unicorn is basically the full package when it comes to classic Gundam and well that hasn't been delivered in quite a while.

I'm not trying to defend 0083 (which has myriad problems) its more that I just can't get excited over standard UC Gundam bullshit anymore.

I accidentally got spoiled on some stuff, went ahead and looked up the rest of the spoilers, and decided that I just no longer gave a single shit. So I stopped watching it.

Build Fighters, at the very least, is trying something relatively new. It may be great, it may be terrible, but at least its different. And honestly thats all I really want from Gundam anymore. If I want "UC story filled with terrible people, despair and hopelessness" I'll just go watch Zeta Gundam again.
Digimontamerfreak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:35 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how they qualify as "gundam fighters".
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:50 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
YamadaKun wrote:
Sigh. These UC fanboys. Wing fanboys, SEED fanboys and 00 fanboys are annoying. Stop complaining about a show, that is still in development.

"Sigh, these all the rest of Gundam [sans AGE] fanboys" is what you just said. You missed G, X, and ∀ though.

Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
Most heavily criticized production studio label in the industry bar none on the internet and it's hard not to notice, and the best part is usually their shows are pretty damn fun, engaging, entertaining and well produced to people that don't have unrealistic expectation of everything which is how this looks at first glance to me.

"I haven't seen AGE or Valverave." And if you have, you'd honestly say they're good? Those got a lot of shit before they aired, and, everyone was correct.

So basically your argument is its already to be prejudiced and hilariously over the top elitist as long as you can just claim you were correct in the end. The retarded Gundam fandoms circular logic in a nutshell. That and no fun ever, just complain constantly. I wonder if you people realize how utterly ridiculous you look doing this.

It doesn't matter what you I or anyone thinks about those shows, your logic is dumb and obnoxious here.
kanechin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:24 pm Reply with quote
so who's jesus yamato in this one?
one of the characters must dress up like keroro.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
So basically your argument is its already to be prejudiced and hilariously over the top elitist as long as you can just claim you were correct in the end. The retarded Gundam fandoms circular logic in a nutshell. That and no fun ever, just complain constantly. I wonder if you people realize how utterly ridiculous you look doing this.

AGE and Valverave weren't fun. I do love how you see me as Yamadakun's double, hating every single thing to ever exist. And actually, Sunrise do still make great FUN shows, they just haven't announce the third season for it yet. Besides my elitist attitude, Sunrise mecha, specifically Gundam, tends to be much more predictable than say, whatever the new Space Dandy will end up being. Sunrise doesn't change their Gundam formula, and I'm even less inclined to watch Gundam Plawres Sanshirou.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:26 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:

AGE and Valverave weren't fun. I do love how you see me as Yamadakun's double, hating every single thing to ever exist. And actually, Sunrise do still make great FUN shows, they just haven't announce the third season for it yet. Besides my elitist attitude, Sunrise mecha, specifically Gundam, tends to be much more predictable than say, whatever the new Space Dandy will end up being. Sunrise doesn't change their Gundam formula, and I'm even less inclined to watch Gundam Plawres Sanshirou.

I'm looking forward to space dandy too. I also still enjoy gundam plenty aside from the last arc of AGE and I enjoyed Valvrave plenty. Im sorry you didn't, really don't know what to say other than that's beside the point as it has little if anything to do with this upcoming Gundam title seeing as how its a totallly different staff.

This absolutist attitude you have regarding reconciling your views and others though just isnt going to get you anywhere other than with your fellow/m crowd I hope you know and even then not really. Its incredibly hard to take people like you and dmonhiro seriously
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:29 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:

I don't know Valvrave is not that predictable to me. You don't know what happen next because it;s random. Space Dandy is probably more predictable than you think.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:10 am Reply with quote
Mindless fun toy commercial? I'm in! What? Cheesiness can be hysterical guys.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:56 am Reply with quote
Man people are so sure down to specific details and tones of how they think this series and a couple other upcoming ones are going to be and I wonder how this is possible when even I'm not sure of more than a few details that have been shared. Like I understand having expectations and all, but you'd almost think it's like people had already made up their minds and there's not much more to be said here. This could in no way possibly mean that I'm in a thread about a new Gundam show well before a month from when it even airs it's first episode could it?
msgundam2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Since I only watch Gundam for the mobile suit I will probably love this show.
I freaking loved the Gunpla anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4