• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fall 2010 New Anime Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agila61

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:38 am Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
I'm going to put an end to the NGE/RahXephon line of discussion right now.

Let's get this back on topic.

Damn, if RahXephon 2 is not airing this fall, then so far I have written Tegami Bachi Reverse in ink and penciled in Star Driver, if it streams (IIS), Super Robot Wars OG, which is, and will probably be trying some episodes of PSw/G, Psychic Detective IIS, and the World God Only Knows.

In two weeks I've gone from one class next quarter to three classes with one new prep, so I'll not have as much time to spend on anime as I'd thought.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:00 am Reply with quote
Definitely watching MM, sister cannot be this cute, milky holmes, and some others. There's really alot more comedies out this year that don't deal with ecchi or moe, which i'm loving Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:28 am Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
Blood-, stop trolling. Your comment didn't add anything to the discussion and only served to incite a response from those that like that show. It's not only predatory posting, but it is also pretty much entirely irrelevant to this article and what is being discussed here so I'm going to put an end to the NGE/RahXephon line of discussion right now.

Let's get this back on topic.

And what I posted about RahXephon is different from dtm42's quote how exactly?:

dtm42 wrote:
...people get silly and excited over the most unimpressive or moronic shows (TTGL, Toradora!, Eureka seveN, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, bits of Haruhi 1 and parts of Haruhi 2, et cetera).

Remind me how dismissing some of the best-loved shows of the last few years is relevant to the discussion of the Fall 2010 New Anime Series article? What sort of response do you think dtm42 thought would be incited in the people who like those "unimpressive or moronic" shows?
Ranma824

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:10 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
people get silly and excited over the most unimpressive or moronic shows (TTGL, Toradora!, Haruhi 1 and parts of Haruhi 2, et cetera).
[snip]
I only watched Kaichou wa Maid-Sama because of Zac, funnily enough. And I like it quite a bit.

Well, then I caution you to use me as a sounding board in the near future; as I highly enjoy shows from both your "moronic" list, and shows like Maid-sama. Razz
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:49 am Reply with quote
Ranma824 wrote:
Well, then I caution you to use me as a sounding board in the near future; as I highly enjoy shows from both your "moronic" list, and shows like Maid-sama. Razz

GAH! Don't take the bait! Don't get dragged in with the trolls!

5 days until the preview guide, huh? That still gives time for CR and Funimation to make some more announcements on streaming...
garfield15

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:06 pm Reply with quote
I would faint if someone announced they were streaming Best Wishes or Xros Wars.
agila61

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:11 pm Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:
I would faint if someone announced they were streaming Best Wishes or Xros Wars.

Even if it was pokemon.com? Given where they are presently streaming, I can see why they would object to someone else doing the simulcast.

But if the purpose of the site is to sell cards and video games, simulcasts would be one way to draw more traffic to the site.
garfield15

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:47 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
garfield15 wrote:

Even if it was pokemon.com? Given where they are presently streaming, I can see why they would object to someone else doing the simulcast.

But if the purpose of the site is to sell cards and video games, simulcasts would be one way to draw more traffic to the site.

Yeah, but I meant with subtitles.
agila61

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:32 pm Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:
agila61 wrote:
garfield15 wrote:

Yeah, but I meant with subtitles.

That was my point ~ can't sell Pokemon cards and video games on a fansub leech streaming site, so doing a legit sub and simulcasting it would draw views away from sites that are useless as far as revenue goes and bring them into a site that is useful.

I don't think they are likely to do it, but I would not faint if they did.
Paploo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Stuff I'm really interested in seeing-

IronMan- looking forward to the 2 X-men series more, but am definitely getting this on dvd.

Star Driver- Bones shows are always good, and this looks interesting- the more garish, colourful designs are a different approach for them, while the robots remind me of Gunbuster 2's numerous yet non-uniform robot designs.

Kuragehime- this looks ridiculous, and quite silly. I hope someone picks it up [if it's a Noitamina show, I guess this means Funi already has it?].

Stuff I sort of want to see-
Panty and Stocking- the US cartoon stylings are intriguing, though I wonder if they'll run into issues with the GIR knockoff. If I want to see it depends on how it all turns out- I'll be reading reviews first. Horrible series name, but great design work

Super Robot Taisen- I sort of hope Bandai Ent rereleases the other seires at some point.

Bakuman- the concept is great, and I love manga/anime about making manga. But the bad things I've heard about sound sort of offputting.

Yumeiro Pâtissière Professioinal- I really liked St.Dragon Girl, and want to see this- depends on if it and it's previous series get picked up for DVD though.

"......What the hey is that?" shows-

Tantei Opera Milky Holmes- what is up with that bow in ANN's preview image? The "bishojo characters play detective cloyingly in colour coded Sherlock Holmes cosplay" thing makes me wonder if this could be an entertainingly stupid show though.

Otome Yōkai Zakuro -- ah, revisionist japanese history junk! Strangely shojoish artwork, but with catgirls. This looks stupid and wierd as well.

http://www.tatsunoko.co.jp/tachumaru/ Tachumaru looks to be SD, funny animal versions of Tatsunoko superhero anime. This looks adorable AND deeply nerdy.

The show I'm most looking forward to and will likely be ultramegasuperawesome not on this list but all anime fans should check out-

Symbionic Titan---- the new show from the creator of Samurai Jack and Dexter's Lab, it's 70's anime all the way with thick lines, retro hair and outfits, giant robots and gorgeous matte painted backgrounds. It hasn't been picked up here yet, but when it is or when the dvd's start, I'm all over it. With shows like more new BenTen, Avatar TLA's new sequel and this, it seems there's a lot of worthwhile domestic animated shows this fall too.
garfield15

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Everybody should watch Sym-Bionic Titan.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:50 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Ranma824 wrote:
Well, then I caution you to use me as a sounding board in the near future; as I highly enjoy shows from both your "moronic" list, and shows like Maid-sama. :P

GAH! Don't take the bait! Don't get dragged in with the trolls!

For some reason that above line reminded me of this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=barLaHrtvoM

On topic, at least there are more shows to pick from this year. This spring was okay, but nothing that exciting aired.

Garfield15, if they are going to watch a American based animated show, I recommend watching King of The Hill. Never a dull moment on that show.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
And what I posted about RahXephon is different from dtm42's quote how exactly?

Hmm, you seem to have misinterpreted my "knock it off" as "hey, you should keep going". I really hope we don't meet at a stoplight anytime soon as such a misunderstanding could be fatal.

dtm's comments in parentheses were unnecessary, but they were at least in line with his post and the posts purpose was relevant to the discussion. Yours added nothing to the discussion and it frankly was posted with the sole purpose of trolling either fans of the show or dtm himself. However, in the interest of equality I'll just tell you both to knock it off. Hooray, now we're all in the fluffy, happy land of friendship again. So let's get this back on topic and eliminate the trolling, anything further on that line will simply be removed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:09 am Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
However, in the interest of equality I'll just tell you both to knock it off. Hooray, now we're all in the fluffy, happy land of friendship again.

Ahhhhh, there are the words that the petulant preadolescent who still makes up an oversized part of my 45-year-old psyche longed to hear! Wink

But yes, back on topic. Here's why I love the preview guides: I don't use them in consumerist fashion (i.e. to help guide my viewing choices). I watch something first, then go back and see what the reviewers had to say about it. Then I'm either rewarded by having my own opinion matched or I get to bathe in righteous indignation if it is not. Both have their own entertainment value. It's also fun to see where reviewers either agree or disagree with each other.

So, thanks to all those reviewers who will take part. I know the fall season is especially busy, what with shows rolling out fast and furious, but your work is much appreciated.
RedLeader

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:10 am Reply with quote
I'll certainly be giving Star Driver a try, but what I really want to see is Robot Wars. Assuming they don't screw it up.... Again. -_- As if the director wasn't worrying enough, if ANN is right, it's only 13 episodes. That's not a lot of room for all the things that happen in the game. :\ At least Divine Wars had the room (even if they horribly misused it), but 13 episodes? :\ The game had a MILLION things going on at once! They better have some skilled writers to make this work or it'll be another disaster... :\ And we don't want that! We want an unqualified success! You know... So maybe it'll get popular and Atlus will have a reason to localize OGS and Lord of the Elemental? ^^; Yes, I know... Aiming too high... It could be the greatest show of the year and it'll be ignored because it has robots in it... [siiiiiiigh] -_-
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4